“An excellent property”

Ranked #14 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“An excellent property”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed here during January in the Garden Suite. The rooms were wonderful and overlooked the garden and beach.

The service is outstanding with the staff being very attentive and always ready to assist.

The beach is nice and well organised. We also loved the infinity pool.

There is a selection of excellent restaurants to choose from in the hotel. Another high point is the walking distance to the souk next door.

Room Tip: Select the garden rooms. These are beautiful and overlook the garden and beach.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wuppertal, Germany
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel is absolutely perfect!! A very great location: you can see the mosque from your room - lovely and nicely decorated rooms and it has a perfect staff!!! They are so friendly and helpful! And then: when we left for the airport, there was someone from Shangri-La helping us find the check-in and took care of us - this was abolutely gorgeous!!! - It is absolutely recommendable!

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last Easter and am returning again for Easter this year. Booked a suite for my wife and I and a superior room for my wife's parents which was changed at check in to one of the apartments. Rooms were fantastic and the apartment was in a quiet location a short walk from the main hotel which was great. We dined in a couple of the hotels restaurants and they were excellent.
I used the gym in the leisure club and it was top class.
Hotels in the UAE offer are to a high standard and the shangri-la is one of the better ones. I had a great time here and can't wait to go back at Easter.

• Stayed April 2013
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were sad to leave the Shangri-La Hotel, we have spent 7 lovely days here and have enjoyed it all. Our room 413 was fantastic, thank you for giving us a room with a view of the Mosque as we requested, it was appreciated as was the cake left in our room for my birthday.
The staff were all great, friendly and helpful without ever been too much.
The pool and beach areas are beautifully kept.
We ate at the Buffett restaurant, pool bar and Pearls and Caviar, and enjoyed each experience. It was always a pleasure to be greeted by Rashid at the pool each day with his smile and service.
Breakfast, well what can I say, the Buffett went on for ever, the choices were amazing and the food was always fresh and delicious.
If you get the chance to stay at this hotel then do, we leave feeling relaxed and spoilt.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed a very relaxing week at this excellent hotel. Attentive and friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is clean and well looked after. We would be very happy to recommend it and we are very fussy about hotels!

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I chose to stay with Shangri-La Abu Dhabi, because of all the good comments here on tripadvisor. Unfortunatly, my experience was not as good. I'm holder of the Essence Card, a loyalty program which gives you 20% discount on room bookings. I contacted the reservation desk via mail several times, to book my room with the 20% discount, but never got a reply. Because I suppose they were busy, I tried to give them a call. During this telephone conversation I was promised to receive a reply and rates on the rooms directly. Again, I didn't receive an email. At the end of the day, I finally received a reply. I got to hear that the hotel was fully booked. I was very dissapointed, because I was already trying to contact them one week. But the most beautiful part was, that when I checked on the website of Shangri-La, there were still many rooms available. When I replied this to them, I again had to wait 5 hours for a reply. The next excuse was, that they could not give me the discount because there was high occupation during the period I wanted to stay. I'm very dissapointed by this service, I subscribed for this loyalty program because I planned to stay a lot with Shangri-La/Traders. I don't think that don't replying on emails, just to postpone and don't give the discount, is the kind of service you can expect for a 5 star hotel. I heard many good things about the Shangri-La Abu Dhabi, but unfortunatly I cannot confirm the good service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Marie07038
ArbindKS, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Marie 07038, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as the event unfolded regarding your room reservation. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and annoyance brought about this incident. I would like to know more about your experience and hope you can get in touch with me via email at arbindk.shrestha@shangri-la.com. I look forward to hear from you. Best regards
Billingshurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had a very short (3 days), but most enjoyable stay here, if you need a bit of TLC and a rest, this is the place to go to, gorgeous room overlooking the pool and beach, HEAVENLY smelling toiletries, view of the magical mosque from your bedroom window, delicious breakfasts, eucalyptus scented cold towels given out whilst relaxing by the pool, along with courtesy fruit juice, fresh fruit, sunglasses being cleaned, and attentive pool side staff. 10/10 English High tea, lovely evening meals. Attentive, happy, and very polite staff. I could not fault it and WANT TO GO BACK!! Lovely experience ....

Room Tip: We had a beach view room, overlooking the smaller of the pools, room no. 436. Perfect.
1 Thank Angela F