“Another super evening at Vascos”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vasco's

Vasco's
Ranked #21 of 2,040 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: View, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Named after the famous explorer Vasco Da Gama, Vasco's menu is inspired by Vasco Da Gama's exploration route. A modern restaurant serving tastes from around the world, Vasco's is one of Abu Dhabi's most famous and award winning restaurants. Guests can choose to dine inside or outside on the deck, enjoying spectacular views of the Arabian Gulf.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Another super evening at Vascos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

As a regular to Vascos, our party of 3 were again delighted to visit. It is the perfect time of year to be sat outside for dinner and the evening was perfect. Fahim looked after us last night and, like all of his colleagues at Vascos, helped make the evening an enjoyable one.
We look forward to our next visit.
I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.

HiltonAbuDhabi, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hilton Abu Dhabi and thank you for the wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in Vascos and have shared your compliments with the entire team specially Fahim; everyone is very happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated.

It was a pleasure looking after you; on behalf of the entire Hilton Abu Dhabi team I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Food & Beverage Manager

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Abu Dhabi
“Always exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Quality of the professional service, very tasty and fine food, fresh products, great choice. Nice ambience either inside or outside. It is one of the best place to go in AD.

Visited June 2014
HiltonAbuDhabi, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hilton Abu Dhabi and thank you for the wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in Vascos and have shared your compliments with the entire team; everyone is very happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated.

Food & Beverage Manager
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great location, no wow factor, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Went to this restaurant recently with my family. I agree with most of the reviews, the location of the restaurant is really nice and it has a nice ambiance, especially if you sit outside. I have no issues with the service.

However, the restaurant charges a lot for what I consider very average, somewhat tasteless food. I don't mind paying a lot if I am going to get my money's worth. But the food we had was very average starting with the bread that did not taste fresh. I had the caesar salad, sorbet, sea bass, and tiramisu. The salad was okay, but just a basic caesar salad, the sea bass lacked flavor. Everyone at the table who tried it agreed. Had to use a lot of salt and pepper just to make it palatable. The sorbet and tiramisu were the best things I had.

If you want to go somewhere where you can enjoy sitting outside, I recommend it. But, order something very basic and don’t spend a lot of money.

HiltonAbuDhabi, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to hear about the food which did not match your expectations; this is not our usual standard. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and rest assured that I have personally addressed this to the concerned team and we are taking corrective action to ensure this does not happen again.

Sincerely yours,

Food and Beverage Manager
abu dhabi
“Birthday Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband chose this long established restaurant to have his birthday lunch with our son and me. We arrived in the late afternoon to an almost empty restaurant, far from the heyday when you couldn't get a table inside or out only a few tables had diners. The staff were quite good attending to our drinks immediately and also our entrees. The breads came and without the usual dips we were used to we left these. Then our entrees came. I had ordered the Indian Prawns...5/6 average size shrimp with a spicy yogurt type marinade that were grilled to perfection. White rice...asked for soya sauce...the waiter said they did not have any....so left the rice. They were nice enough to give me mashed potatoes in lieu of the rice. My son loved this restaurant due to the Daal and the Naan Bread appetizer which gratefully had not changed and is still one of the best in Abu Dhabi. We all had a little and we thoroughly enjoyed this combination. Then onto my husband's entree which he would have preferred to have the hammour however, they were out and offered a sea bream instead. Not being familiar with this he ordered the steak instead. The steak arrived looking totally unappetizing pale and without any flavor. My husband cut into the anemic looking meat and it was tough and grissly. After debating what to do he sent it back and ordered the sea bream. Meanwhile the chefs tasted the steak and agreed it was uncharacteristically tough.... My husband received his sea bream and nice vegetables and it was good. I ordered a warm chocolate mousse with vanilla ice cream and we shared this as an ending to our meal....So went my husband's 55th birthday a rather disappointing lunch.... They did nothing on the bill to compensate for the meal.

HiltonAbuDhabi, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,Greetings from Hilton Abu Dhabi and thank you for taking the time to post your review.I am glad to know that you felt good about our service in Vascos. Your compliment has been passed to our team; everyone is very happy to have their efforts appreciated. I am disappointed to hear about the quality of our food which did not match your expectations; this is not our usual standard. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and rest assured that I have personally addressed this to the concerned team and we are taking corrective action to ensure this does not happen again. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your impression of Vascos. I, along with the entire Hilton Abu Dhabi team look forward to welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact me at Lionel.Kurtz01@hilton.com for future bookings. Sincerely yours,Lionel Kurtz Food and Beverage Manager
Pueblo West, Colorado
“Vascos Restaurant at the Abu Dhabi Hilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

The wait staff was excellent, especially Nelo. He was very helpful, attentive but not obtrusive. He blended just the right balance between friendliness and professionalism. I will be in Abu Dhabi for 6 days and will certainly ear at Vascos again.

HiltonAbuDhabi, Manager at Vasco's, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hilton Abu Dhabi and thank you for the wonderful review.

Food and Beverage Manager