“Had to hunt down the server”

Wasabi Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #805 of 2,140 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The food was pretty good, but for the price, the service was horrible. The place has a pretty cool arrangement with partitioned booths and rooms. The staff was friendly but it took about 5 minutes to get water. Actually it took about 5 minutes before anyone walked past our section. The lady did take our order and everything came out in a reasonable amount of time. Appetizers before main course (something most restaurants in Abu Dhabi miss). The food was the right temperature and of high quality. The order was correct, including special requests. We did have to get up and walk around the restaurant to find the waitress and ask for a spoon (for the soup). Like I said, pretty good food, bad service with a smile. There are enough alternatives that I won;t return, but I'm not mad I went.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I went there for about 5 times.. It's a little bit pricey therefore it worth every penny.. Quality of the seafood and the raw fishes are excellent.. you just can taste it.. The sashimi and sushi are the best in town.. try the seafood platter.. best scallop I ever taste.. The only downside is the location.. It's a little bit hard to reach and it's not a fancy location.. old building.. but.. once you go inside, the japanese ambiance pays off the journey..

Reviewed 26 April 2013

This is a favourite with my family and me. The food and service is always great and every visit is highly enjoyable. Knowledgeable staff help with making good selections.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I can't tell you about the Sushi there, because I didn't have any. At a quick glance, it seemed overpriced but there was quite a bit of variety...
With that said, The REST of the menu is amazing. We stayed in Abu Dhabi for 3 nights, and dined at Wasabi for 3 meals. The menu has authentic Japanese cuisine, that you won't find anywhere else in the middle east. I highly recommend the Kakuni Pork (With all the fat,) and maybe even a bento box. The Ramen was also amazing there. Truth be told, Wasabi is one of the Main Reasons I go to Abu Dhabi, since I live in Saudi Arabia. Hope this helps!

1  Thank PinkPanda1812
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I don't usually write reviews on restaurants or hotels, but I feel obliged to this time.

Some other International friends and I felt like Japanese food one night in Abu Dhabi and one of the few choices was Wasabi.

I'll cut straight to the point. The menu is way overpriced, the quality of the sushi when finally delivered to the table was very poor to the point of being inedible and the serving sizes were terribly small. Everyone at the conclusion of their "meals" was dying to just get out of there and go to a better restaurant.

The service was also terrible. Not once did the waitress visit us "voluntarily" without actually being "fetched".

I would not recommend Wasabi to anyone and will never be eating there again.

1  Thank Millertime84