“Emotional experience !”

Price range: US$100 - US$250
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bord Eau is the ultimate restaurant for French fine dining in Abu Dhabi. In the setting of a chic dining room that boasts opulent fabrics and furniture, the chef de cuisine prepares seasonal fresh produce flown in from France and serves each dish as an artistic expression. Bord Eau offers a superb a la carte menu and for the ultimate Bord Eau experience, the blind tasting menu is a must. Quiet instrumentals and a warm ambiance complement the rich gastronomy to create an intimate dining experience. To maintain a peaceful environment, children under 12 years old are not permitted in the restaurant.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Emotional experience !”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I had dinner yesterday night in this fantastic restaurant !
Welcomed by a very nice and professional staff member and by the chef, after some tasty Amuse bouche, the foie gras, the lamb, the soufflé au chocolat exceed my expectations.
The product knowledge of the staff ( Honey and Saw, pkus Peter) amazed me.
The choice of wines was just... Wow, believe I am french and the rosé, cote de Provence, got me.... I do not like Rosé in normal time !
The place is amazing, the Cuisine is elegant and full of emotions.
I will come back and chose the options "dine in the kitchen!"
Thanks !

• Visited July 2014

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Tasty French cuisine and good service in a classy and comfortable environment”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I must say I was surprised - based on our recent experience - at some of the recent poor or less than complementary reviews. I was there with my wife and two teenage children to celebrate her birthday. The welcome was friendly and efficient and this was also our assessment of the service throughout the meal. I thought the ambiance was great - classy and comfortable and we enjoyed a good view from an adjacent window. Sadly the restaurant was quite empty with only two other tables occupied.

The menu is a little limited but had just enough choice for us. A couple of amuses bouches probably did more for me than my family - but that just meant I got to eat more of them! We then shared some excellent foie gras and veal cheek for starters - nicely cooked and visually attractive on the plate (and I do think that's important as well as the taste). Two sea bass, a wagyu beef striploin and a duck a l'orange comprised our main courses. Again we were initially impressed by the presentation and then subsequently by the taste of the dishes - including accompaniments. We did add some nice creamy mash as few items on the menu come with their own potato (maybe not a French thing ...). Portion sizes were probably not for the ravenous but were perfectly adequate for us. Also, having pre-informed the restaurant about our celebration when I reserved, they produced a tasty and complimentary chocolate mousse birthday cake which my wife very much appreciated.

I'm always surprised by the price of water in top restaurants in Abu Dhabi and this was no exception - AED34 for each bottle of Evian and Badoit. Is it just me? Anyway, availing myself of a couple of Entertainment vouchers brought the bill to just under AED1250 which is expensive but no more than I had expected of a classy Shangri-La restaurant.

I'm sure my wife and I will be returning - having enjoyed the atmosphere, the service and the food - what more can you ask?

• Visited June 2014
ArbindKS, General Manager at Bord Eau, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear OliverPerth_WA, thank you for sharing your dining experience at Bord Eau via TripAdvisor. Indeed it is a pleasure to hear you and your family enjoyed the special occasion celebration with us. I share your same sentiment as well relevance to the improvement of menu selections with my team. I have also noted on your comment in regards to the price of water and would like to assure you that our price is comparatively on par with other fine dining restaurants within the UAE market price. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in future. Best regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“No where near where it needs to be”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Apparently voted best restaurant in the UAE (Not saying much when they voted Burger King as best burger a year or two ago), this restaurant is trying too hard to be a fine dining restaurant, and spends too much time on presentation of the dishes rather than the atmosphere of the restaurant itself, or the taste of the food being served.

Service was inconsistent. As was the food.

Visited June 2014
ArbindKS, General Manager at Bord Eau, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear David W, thank you for your review of our Bord Eau. It is gravely regrettable to learn that your dining experience was marred by our overall service team and food quality. We are equally unease with this unpleasant dining experience and would like to investigate this thoroughly to assure the needful improvements within my team. Please email me at arbindk.shrestha@shangri-la.com with more details so I can personally take action on this with my team. Many thanks, and we hope you consider us again in future. I will be happy to be contacted on your next visit, so we can make it up for this unfortunate dining experience. Best regards
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Exquisite.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Fantastic experience. The presentation, the elegant atmosphere, the variety, the Finesse. Some of the service staff was new, or at least I sensed a bit of lack of experience, but it did not take away from the fantastic food and service overall. For fine dining or a romantic dinner for tow, this is the place to be. The quality of the food superb so overall 5 star all the way.

• Visited April 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“Was very special - now good”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice during our current trip to Abu Dhabi . We eat here every time we travel here and our previous visits have been very special . I would have to say that both our visits this time were good but not up to the previous standard . The menu hasn't changed for years but they now have a new chef and we were told that the menu will be changed . I had the veal cheeks followed by the lamb - the veal was good if a little rich and the lamb was rather bland . The following visit I had the quail and sea bass - both were very good but I agree with other reviews that the portions are small even by a top end restaurant standard ! The service both times was lacking in a bit of class , on our first trip we were asked if we wanted to buy some champagne ( they used to be complimentary ) , on the return visit we were not offered anything . Our first waiter was over attentive and slightly annoying , our next waiter was rather miserable and was absent half the time . We will go back on our next trip and hope it gets back to were it was , if not it might be our last visit

Visited May 2014
ArbindKS, General Manager at Bord Eau, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Daniel H, thank you for taking the time to review your dining via TripAdvisor. We truly regret the fact that your dining experience was not as expected compared to previous visits. Be assured we take feedback from valued diners such as yourself very gravely as it assists us in improving our overall services and culinary. May I kindly request you to email me more details on this at arbindk.shrestha@shangri-la.com, so as to ensure your future dining with us will be improved upon. Best regards