“Terrible Place”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Within 5 minutes of getting my Shisha I was given the bill. It seems 12 mid-night was closing time, and no one bothered to tell when I came in. Then I ordered a couple of sandwiches, and hey presto they came in a take-away bag!

These guys just dazzled me with their lack of sensitivity, bad customer service, shamelessness and utter disregard for people, and I was asked to leave within 15 minutes of starting my Shisha.

No words can express my frustration level at that time, thus I will leave it at that.

2  Thank Assad269

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

The food is good but not fantastic. The name is a italian name but the food is not a italian food, it is more different.
Shisha is good. The dinner is not more expensive.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

great shisha place, especially during pleasant months. would be great if the service was as good. must try the double apple shisha, its the best in Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 5 March 2013

The Riviera is just in front of Swagath Chennai, close to Arab Udupi. We passed by everyday and decided to give it a go when in the mood for Arabic food.

Bad decision. I have never felt so unwelcome in any restaurant before, be it high end or humble canteen.

The lady at the door smiled as though she was doing us a favour which did not portend well. As we entered, we could get the stench of smoke so we immediately requested the non smoking section to be abruptly told that the entire restaurant was 'smoking'. Reluctantly we made our way to a cabin sort of area hoping that the smoke smell would not permeate. It did not but the waitress promptly plonked an ashtray in the middle of our table even though she jolly well knew that we wanted non smoking.

What took the cake was the sour face she made as she gave us the menu cards. That was the last straw, I mean who wants to be served with such attitude? We had opened the bottle of water that was on the table so we got up, paid for it and left. The other lady managing the counter did not even bother to enquire if anything was not quite right. Obviously they did not care for our custom.

There is no shortage of Arabic / Lebanese eateries in Abu Dhabi, catering to all budgets. Most serve excellent food. We enjoyed a wonderful meal with warm service at another place two blocks away. We left feeling satisfied and happy.

The management of the Riviera would do well to keep an eye on how their staff behave, if they want to retain their patrons. Having separate non smoking sections would not go amiss either.

1  Thank Gita-TA
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The restaurant is good for lebanese food or arabic food. The grills are very tasty and served with lots of olives, salads and green leaves (bitter but healthy). The service and pricing are good for that standard.