The other reviews have it spot on: the staff is great and eager to make your stay wonderful, the location cannot be beat and the athmosphere is unique. The rooftop restaurant has amazing views and is probably one of the best sunset spots in Sanaa.
There are cons but none of them puts the hotel at fault:
- water pressure in the showers is low and hot water is hit or miss, but this is Yemen and when you are aware of the water shortages the country and Sanaa are facing, this is really a "rich man's" complaint
- the mosques around it are noisy: yes the muezzin calls will wake you up at 4am, but that's part of the clture of the country and it adds to the atmosphere of the place. Earplugs do wonders!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Burj Al Salam has 47 rooms and suites carefully furnished with typical and hand-made furniture. The decor offers a taste of true Yemeni lifestyle to be experienced by the guests at the hotel. It is the one and only four-star hotel in the town, with coffee shop and regular restaurant. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Burj Al Salam Sanaa
- Burj Al Salam Hotel Sanaa