“Excellent and delecious food”

Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Sanaa
Price range: US$40 - US$100
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Actually Alshaybani restaurant is one of the famous and great restaurants in Yemen.

They cook a delicious local Yemeni food I advice you to try the fish and other dishes.

1  Thank 503moral
There are newer reviews for Alshaybani Restaurant

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Reading the Lonely Planet guide and listening to locals, I thought this restaurant was something special, but to be honest I was not impressed at all.
It is famous for fish but after a lot of that in Socotra I wanted something else and I ordered the meat mix (don't remember exactly the name of the dish): when they brought me it, I thought it was an appetizer or something because I expected to see, well, meat.
Instead there was a lot of vegetables and the meat was just mixed with it, the look of the dish was rather messy and not inviting at all. The taste was okay but nothing special.
For what I got the price was way too much, I could have gotten the same dish in any simple eatery for less than half the price there.
I'd hardly come back here, if so probably better to try their famous fish dishes rather than the meat ones.

1  Thank Sputnikboy
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

its a traditional restaurant.that serves a very good traditional yemeni food with a an excellent qualified services

1  Thank WESSSAM
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Alshaybani is a group of restaurant runs by Alshaybani family, however, these restaurants serve tasty Yemeni food (Breakfast, Lunch and dinner). totally recommended.

2  Thank mhareth
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Their fish curry and grilled fish are out of this world. Amazing food with excellent portion size in very reasonable prices. A must visit during Sana'a

1  Thank msusmani