“GREAT FOOD & BEAUTIFUL VIEW”
Review of Lo de Tere

Lo de Tere
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I ate at Lo de Tere in Punta del Este, Uruguay on March 7, 2014. It was my first time there. My cruise ship, the Crown Princess, was anchored in Montevideo that day. After about a two hour drive by motor coach we arrived at Punta del Este. Since it is a resort town there are many choices as far as where to eat. I was very happy that Princess had chosen Lo de Tere. The food was wonderful and you have a great view of all the boats.

1  Thank Dwain C

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My Uruguayan wife and I have been coming here for years. We love it. It just doesn't get better than a window seat in the off season on a nice day. Food fabulous. Staff great. We live in Texas and wish we could get down there more often,

1  Thank TMB1999
Reviewed 3 June 2014

For Argentines, at the moment, anyplace outside the country is hellishly expensive! So we expect the very best if we're going to spend money eating out. And at Lo de Tere, we did!

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

A nice setting and excellent food.
This place is well above average in cost. But the quality of food and service makes it worth it.

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I had dinner here with 2 couples. The company was great and the view was beautiful. However the staff was rude and the food was awful!
We had a tuna appetizer that no one could eat b/c it smelled so bad. The menu is very touristy, with dishes called "the brad pit."
I had gnocchi which was very salty. The other pasta dish that my girlfriend had was equally as salty.
Other restaurants have just as good a view but much better food (such as Guappo).

1  Thank FloridaTempo