“Absolutely amazing restaurant !! Must go!!”
Review of El secreto

El secreto
Ranked #25 of 272 Restaurants in Punta del Este
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place is really one of the best overall (social and culinary) experiences I had while traveling.
The restaurant is located on the side of Down Town Punta del Este with a view from its windows to the calm waters of Playa Mansa, Isla Gorriti and the Punta del Este port, filled with luxury boats. I recommend going during sunset (early dinner) , since it's one of the most spectacular views you will ever see.
El Secreto is located in a high end house and the ambiance is accordingly.
The food is Argentinian Style (parrilla) elaborated to perfection.
I've been there several times (I travel to Uruguay every year) and the experience and food is always perfect. Perfect place, amazingly friendly service and extraordinary food!!
If Punta del Este is your destination, El Secreto is a Must go !!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Excellent food, surf and turf, pasta, on a variety of entrees as well good drinks like Caipirinha or a well stocked winery at reasonable price and a superb view either on the veranda or indoors looking thru the wide glass the see, the beach and the palm trees.

1  Thank ric40
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have been enjoying El Secreto for many years. The location is excellent , the view is spectacular and the service is always friendly and profesional. The outdoor dining área is perfect for a summer day and it is one of the few restaurants in Punta that serves excellent vegetables. I recommend the Corvina with grilled vegetables and a mustard sauce, you can't go wrong. Great value too!

1  Thank santiagolasgrutas
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Although many hotels and restaurants are closed, I can still enjoy travelling along the eastern coast of Uruguay in the off-season because of El Secreto and the many days glorious days of fall. When I remember the crowds and traffic of Punta del Este during the summer, it's great to pull into one of El Secreto's middle of the street parking places, walk just a few steps to the entrance, be greeted by the host, and guided to a table by a window with a sea view. The restaurant is not deserted. There are just enough people enjoying lunch to make me feel cozy. We want something light today, so we choose from the sandwich section of the menu: toasted ciabatta with grilled vegetables and fresh mozzarella for me. And a plate of grilled vegetables for my husband. We split a side dish of rice pilaf. We are not vegetarians, but we are trying to cut back on meat. It's getting easier to find meatless options throughout the country. A friend from the US is visiting us. One of the reasons he came is for a chivito (the loaded steak sandwich found throughout the country), and he finds a great one here, served with fries. We're tempted to linger after lunch, but we hear a new arrival in the restaurant say that the sea lions are playing in the water at the marina just down the street. We don't have to jostle for a place to watch them. I love the off-season. Thanks El Secreto for staying open all year!

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Visiting Punta for the third time, we have eaten here once a year for three years and the food is great, the setting lovely and the service outstanding. They try very hard to make us English speaking guests welcome. This year we had a great mixed seafood on a red hot skillet and pasta with salmon that was as good as any pasta in Los Angeles.