“Wonderful Gem in Punta”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came across Lady Marion while on a run along La Rambla in punta and fell in love with its charming ambiance and friendly owners. We only had time to stop in for a cafe con leche and cafe doble, but we made sure to come back with the rest of our family for breakfast the next day. We all enjoyed the egg scramble and the homemade croissants were absolutely delicious.
Definitely take a moment to try this place out -- it's worth it!!

There are newer reviews for Lady Marion

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The best place I've found for a coffee & croissant or something more substantial such as a beer or wine with a fresh sandwich using their own home made bread. Excellent variety of choices & the meringue macaroons are to die for! Even better than the real thing from France. Empanadas are great too! Everything is baked or made fresh each day and the owners are so friendly that you won't want to leave.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Mmm this is the best place in town for croissants, and several other viennoiserie, patisserie etc. items. Will do bespoke dishes for you too, "can you make me a [insert] and they will if they have the stuff. Nice atmosphere, the proprietors both speak English well and are well travelled, so they are good raconteurs to boot.

It is on the ramble and I tick "scenic view" but it's not scenic per se, the view of the sea is blocked by a dune. Still, the foot traffic is great chica <ahem> people watching in summer.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

eventhough sweets are my favorites, my wife is more into healthy salads and gourmet sandwiches: we found the perfect place for both! the european influence on the sweets is present in every cookie, brioche, scones and everything else I have tried. Me being german, have to admit that the best "apfelstrudel mit sahne" I ate was at Lady Marion in Punta del Este. I am also a huge fan of the brioches,either individual or in bread form to make toasts with it.
we became regulars also for take away food to eat at home and when we had guests in Punta del Este, as their quality and variety of entrees and desserts are excellent for any occasion.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Lady Marion restaurant is a quaint, cozy place. The owner is a funny guy who's always there with a joke and a suggestion. He's bilingual too which is helpful to Americans like myself. When we went he made us a pumpkin soup (probably squash) which was delicious and just what we needed on the cold afternoon. Afterwards we had fresh made empanadas beef with raisins, you can't go wrong there. We had beer with our lunch Stella Artois in the bottle. We also got a tip to visit the olive country which turned out to be a slight mistake (because we didn't call ahead to see if the actual farm was open) but was still a beautiful ride through beautiful country side, rolling hills and green pastures.