Stayed for one night, ended up there because of the reasonable price.
The room was ok: nice bed, so-so bathroom (no door at shower means wet & slippery floor.
We didn't try the breakfast because of the cost: didn't seem to be worthwhile.
The big surprise came at about 11PM, when the power went out and the room went black. Not the power outage itself, because that can happen anywhere. We were already getting ready to sleep, so it didn't affect us a lot, but as I opened the door to the corridor, and looked down at the lobby, I was shocked there weren't any emergency lights. At all. There was some movement by the reception, someone with a tiny flashlight, but the corridors and reception area were absolutely dark. I had my travel Maglite with me (my wife will never again tease me about taking it on trips), so we had enough light to call it a day, but I kept imagining what would happen it there was a fire or some kind of emergency: how would the guests find the exit?
Let's see if there's an answer to this from Management.
Other than that, bear in mind that the hotel is close to the beach, but far from town: you need a car.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel San Marcos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.