“false advertisment”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Arkansas City
Iola, Kansas
“false advertisment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

The rooms are decent and clean but the dining area is very dirty...ie the awning material has so much dirt it is hanging down over your food. No manager on duty. Web site advertised price will not be honored at the front desk. They overcharged me by 60 dollars and all they would say is the web site is not correct. I wont stay here again and would not reccomend it. The super 8 is right next door and they will honor their advertised price.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Scott A S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Batesville, AR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

This was one of two motels recommended to me in Ark City. We pulled up and couldn't tell if it was open or not, although it was 4 p.m. I entered the side door and asked a man standing in front if the place was open and he said it was. The seats were full of people apparently waiting to get into rooms. One clerk was frantically shuffling papers and running around. I stood at the counter for several minutes and decided to leave, Although what little I saw of the place looked nice and inviting with the promise of a pool, I couldn't take the unfriendly lack of a welcome, either corporately or individually. Why would you stick one person at a counter when it's obvious she needs help and is trying as hard as she can?

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank OzarkGateway870
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

this might change but as of March 2012 this facility has no name, no signage outside, no way to know if you are in the right place unless, like I did, you ask people in the parking lot what this place is. It used to be best western, currently is not, but does not yet have a new name. There are no pads of paper in rooms b/c they don't want anything saying best western and it's not yet become whatever it's going to be. Paper with information as to phone number etc. scraped off phone so good luck if you want to ask anyone to call you . . . no cell service in my room, though there is internet access. room appears clean but there is a pool just outside with noisy kids. My room was not ready when I arrived at three and this was the room they chose to give me because I need to be on ground floor. But I'm sure there were available rooms not just outside the pool. It's a very odd place, possibly on the way to becoming something nice. If you plan to stay here in the near future I suggest you ask a lot of questions before booking a room here.

Room Tip: tell them to keep you away from the pool.
Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ruthrosen
tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Hotel is very nice staff can do anything to help guest so many choice for brakfast and bar and resturant is nice.

1 Thank aria r
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

We came to the area intending to stay at the Comfort Inn in Winfield, but after poor customer service we decided to stay elsewhere. I called the Best Western and a young Indian man answered the phone very politely and helpful. I knew I was going to be staying in the area for at least a few nights, but after reading some shaky reviews I decided only to pay for 1 night here and play the rest of the days by ear. The same guy greeted me when I entered and was extremely enthused to help me which was great since I had a strong desire for great customer service. When we got to the room we were very pleased with what we saw. The entrance and bathroom were nice. As we saw the rest of the room we were just as pleased with a large tv, nice lean room, refrigerator and microwave. We noticed one of the bedside lights didn't work and notified the front desk. The young man at the front counter was at our door ready to fix the light almost before we hung up the phone. The bed also was quite comfortable, not too hard, not too soft. Let us say it didn't take long before we booked a second night. We continued to stay there for a few days after our arrival as we were very pleased with the hotel. The final thing is the continental breakfast is wonderful as far as these types of breakfasts go. When my family comes to town this will be where I book their rooms.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank fastsuprajoe
New Caney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

we stayed 3 nights here and really enjoyed our stay. we booked the room w/ the hot tub which was beautiful, maid service came each day to change out towels, etc, the hot breakfast bar had alot of choices and ran from 6am to 9am. We didn't take advantage of the pool or the hot tub, but the atrium is gorgeous, lots of things for kids to do including video games, swimming, hot tubs, and a nice restaurant. There is a bar also. We will stay here again when visiting family in ark city.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheClarks2011
Manhattan, KS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

The hotel is closely located to the Winfield Bluegrass Festival (about 10 minute drive to Ark City from Winfield,KS). The lobby is decorated very nicely and leads into an open atrium with trees, pool, spa, and dining area. They do serve breakfast, but service was pretty minimal and grumpy. Then again, I would be too if I worked a morning shift. Food was fine. Rooms are nice an comfortable, but the hotel is older, so don't look too closely in the corners. This time we stayed in an outside facing room in rear (towards parking lot) and it was really quiet. Last year we stayed in a room off inner courtyard and it was slightly noisier with people coming and going from atrium.

If going to the Bluegrass Festival, and not camping, this is a really good choice to stay. Their cancellation policy (at this time) is 24 hours in advance. Not true with Winfield hotels (6 mo cancellation at most!). BUT MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY...like one year in advance.

• Stayed September 2011
Americas Best Value Inn - Arkansas City
Town House Motel
Town House Motel
#5 of 5 in Arkansas City

Been to Quality Inn Arkansas City? Share your experiences!