“I'd Stay here again, regardless.”
Review of Town House Motel

Town House Motel
Town House Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Arkansas City
Sacramento, California
“I'd Stay here again, regardless.”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

In Sept. 2013 I stayed in non-smoking Room 2: I stayed here for 6 nights.
You get what you pay for and I'd stay here again.
This IS a positive review even though it may sound like a negative one. For a room such as this I've paid twice as much and received less than half elsewhere, though those places were in China, Thailand or Europe.

PROS:
-Room was quite clean, firm mattress, daily maid service for 35/night. (they advertise on their building a weekly special for even less/night).
-A/C worked (I had to clean the dirty A/C filter)
-Microwave, Mini-Frig, and TV worked w/o problems.
-Free Wifi worked (finally, then there were no problems).
-Parking was not an issue even when motel was full.
-Shower/Tub combo…sometimes I like to soak so I like the option.

CONS:
-"Non-Smoking" doesn't mean just putting those words on the door of room #2 that has cigarette burns on the furniture and then calling it, "Non-Smoking". I am not smoke sensitive but others are.
-Dark cave of a room (didn't bother me, it is just a fact)
-Thread bare towels and sheets (but consider what you are paying- This is not the Hilton)
-Don't expect ANY toiletry amenities (BRING your OWN shampoo/soap/lotions.)
-The room's air was stale but not unpleasant…after a couple of minutes it was no problem for me.
- No ice machine on site…but the micro frig works well (no ice trays).
- NOT service oriented: Surly abrupt check-in person (Mike, the owner's mother) was at reception. DOUBLE CHECK YOUR BILL before paying. After checking in I made sure I didn't deal with the front desk again so all was fine for me.
-This is a family operation: father, mother, son-Mike (works at Walmart until 3pm), and his wife. If there is a problem you need to MAKE SURE to ONLY speak with Mike. No one else will understand what you say…they will smile and nod their head in the affirmative.
-Reception/Check-In area has the cloying aroma of fried oil and Indian spices as the family's living area and kitchen are connected to the reception area. It is what it is.
-Found a live cricket in my room… no problem. In Wichita I paid for a room that cost 3x this one and had 15 dead ones left outside my room's door during my entire 5 day stay. Which is worse?

It is Kansas with bugs and stuff. If you can't handle any of the cons, well, there are other motels in town that will cost you twice as much and provide you with other problems.
I'd stay here again regardless.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Americas Best Value Inn - Arkansas City
Quality Inn Arkansas City
Quality Inn Arkansas City
#3 of 5 in Arkansas City

Been to Town House Motel? Share your experiences!