“Your reservation is worth nothing, shower = toilet and dorm = filthy!”

Bash and Crash Hostel
Ranked #54 of 83 Speciality Lodging in La Paz
Reviewed 16 August 2014

After a 35 hour busdrive i arrived at Bash & Crash hostel.
I made a reservation for a month. Once i checked in it appeared that my room has been given away to others (who needed it for 2 months). Although i had a written agreement for a month, they gave away my room to others to make a few extra bucks.
Because it was late i took a bed there anyway in a dorm.

Once i went to the toilet there was a guy taking a piss in the shower (and i was really ready for a good shower). Apparently it's such a party hostel that people get so drunk...they confuse a toilet with a shower. Well...no shower for me.

I went to the dorm.
The place looked like it hasn't been cleaned for months! There was junk everywhere
There were stains in the bed sheet (don't let me explain...). Off course i checked out next morning.

Room Tip: Take another hostel. Pirwa (nearby) is much more decent!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 August 2014

For starters, they lost my reservation which I booked through Hostelworld - not even sure how that's possible.

That aside, they were able to find us a room. As soon as we walked in, we turned back around and asked for a refund. The beds and pillows were literally the worst I've ever seen. (I've stayed in tons of hostels in SE Asia and S America) The ceiling had a hole in it, the bathrooms were horrible, and the place was loud even during the day.

Felt like I needed to take a shower after just stepping in there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The place is disgusting, rooms resemble an outdoor shed, locked with a padlock, common room smelled like sewage from the nearby shared bathroom which are also disgusting. Wifi also rubbish. 3 star hotels nearby for an extra few euro/dollars.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This hostel is not good. No hot water in the showers and if you tried to use it you ran the risk of being electrocuted! There is only 3 toilets and two of them were blocked for the entire stay. The breakfast was served by a man smoking a cigarette.
On the plus staff are nice and it's well located.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I really liked my stay here. It´s certainly not luxury, but then rooms are 5 dollars. And even though it´s a "party" hostal, I don´t think you´d really notice it. I met lots of cool people here and the staff were really friendly. Considering everything, I´d recommend this place to other travellers.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevmac1
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Bash & crash has really nice staff , good location , breakfast included and decent price. Not far from terminal and not far from the market, easy to get around and if u don't like to walk there are collectivos
. Like most hostels in Bolivia it needs to improve Internet and showers ! The staff where very helpful and made up for the lack of good Internet n hot showers , saying that , the showers where being changed the dau we left so they r working on it ;)

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We just arrived to the hostel in La Paz after a day trip in bus and we where informed that they do not have our reservation, which was made in Booking.com and that the room was taken. The day we arrived was December 24, so we had to go and look for another hotel. With few options, we had to pay double in the one we found. We did not see the rooms but the common bathrooms and the lobby didn´t look very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple