We stayed for two nights in the Rosario after spending three nights at the more business-like and modern Hotel Europa. The Rosario has an authentic Bolivian feel to it, with a charming courtyard, a quaint in-hotel restaurant, and thoughtful amenities such as hot tea in a room off the lobby. The staff were kind and courteous in arranging day trips for us.
The rooms at the Rosario are small-ish, and are not centrally heated (although they do have electric space heaters), which in July can mean for a cozy night under a layer of blankets.
The neighborhood of the Rosario is tourist kitsch, and somewhat noisy (as is most of La Paz), but it is central to the main interests of the city.
The feel of the Rosario -- its food, its decorative style, to its clientele (mostly European) -- is that of an international hostel for adults in Bolivia. It is not a place for those seeking luxury, but it is true to La Paz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely, charm and colonial style located in the center of La Paz. The perfect location for your city excursions. Friendly and helpful staff that will make you fell at home. Eco friendly and smoke free hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Rosario La Paz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencial Rosario La Paz
- Residencial Rosario Hotel La Paz