“Helpful staff and good value”
Review of Naira Hostal

Naira Hostal
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in La Paz
Dublin, Ireland
“Helpful staff and good value”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We booked 3 nights in HN, but because of my very bad altitude sickness, we needed to leave the city after just 1 night. The hotel did not mind to cancel our reservation and helped us to get refund from booking.com. They were very helpful and informative. The room downstairs was basic but clean. The best part of the hotel was its restaurant where we ate all our meals - honestly, we couldn't find any better place in the area! Modern, clean, with great food and affordable prices - what else do you need?
We would definately recommend HN to any traveller on budget.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danusius

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Naira is a delightful hotel located right in the centre of La Paz but despite this, the rooms are very peaceful and comfortable as well as very spacious. This hotel has a lot of character, being a colonial building and has all the appearance of a hotel that you would expect to be far more expensive than it is. The restaurant is light, spacious and the staff friendly and the buffet breakfasts are more than adequate. The reception staff were perhaps not as helpful as they could have been when we tried to book an extra night, but nonetheless, it is a hotel I will definitely go back to if I ever return to La Paz.

Room Tip: I can't speak for the upper rooms but the ground floor rooms, though lacking windows with outsid...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Grand Cayman
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Naira is a clean, comfortable and great place to stay in La Paz. The showers are excellent and the wifi is reliable. The buffet breakfast is fairly decent. We stayed in a room with a balcony looking out onto the street which was nice. There can be some noise, but it isn't too bad considering you are right in the middle of a busy city next to a central plaza. Although we didn't use it, there is a really nice little bar downstairs. On the last morning we had to leave very early to get to the airport and when we asked at reception they provided us with a packed breakfast to take with us. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PMilly2013
Guernsey, Channel Islands
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Other than the great location I cannot find anything redeeming to report. I suspect I was left with a bad impression at check-in which I found unfriendly. Indeed it seemed they went out of their way to be unhelpful. Would not even attempt to split a banknote. Said I would need to pay them to call a local airline because my local SIM would not work (it did, perfectly). I have stayed in another La Paz hostel (not as central mind) for a third of the cost and much more friendly, albeit more basic. I would never go back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GlynCarre
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This Hostel is a very pleasant hotel in the heart of San Francis. It is in an old colonial house which was restored. The rooms a quiet and clean. It is very secure. The price includes breakfast and serves good food for lunch and dinner.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Nice feel to the place, room is clean and comfortable although a bit noisy due to the (good) restaurant in the atrium and you're not going to get to sleep in because of the abundance of natural light in the rooms.
However, they lost our booking, despite having emailed confirmation, and had a big group coming which meant we had to go next door for the second night. When I showed them the email they offered me a discount if I came back for the third night, which I did, so it can't be that bad.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jazman63
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

This hostal is perfectly located but has some issues you should take into consideration: cleanniness needs real improvement and it was with dismay that I discovered some left behind hair in bed sheets in both days of my stay.
The restaurant inside the hostal should be quiet by 10PM but this rule is not respected.
Do not expect any friendliness in front desk.
This hostal seems to be cheap, but the whole of La Paz is and it is definitely overrated.

Stayed February 2014