“Great experience!”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went here with some friends my first night in La Paz- not disappointed! The German presence is strong in Sopocachi (there's a German-speaking Lutheran church), and Reineke Fuchs showcases the cuisine that comes along with that. Extensive selection of food and beers- I'm not a beer guy myself, but my companions were impressed with the choices. My spatzle was excellent, and all the meals came in large portions.

There are newer reviews for Reineke Fuchs

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

If you are in town and you are looking for a decent german beer on tap then this is the place to go. I cant say anything about the food but this is probably the best local beer in la paz.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is the place in La Paz to have some good beer and some German meals. It gets crowded for dinner, but if you are lucky you can sit in the bar. Good variety of German imported beer and they also brew their own (personally, it needs a bit of improvement).

In times of world cup, they may loose their mind and gift free samples!!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We visited Reineke Fuchs after a recommendation from a German couple we met staying in the same hotel. We had the 40BS lunch special and value for money the lunch was exceptional.
For 40BS not only did we receive very friendly service but we enjoyed 4 courses (spinach crepes, vegetable and meat soup, alpaca steak and a small dessert). Each meal of which was delicious and generously sized.
The ambience was nice and relaxed and the smell of the hops from the home brew beer gave the restaurant a nice touch.
I highly recommend visiting Reineke Fuchs and trying their lunch menu. Alpaca is delicious too!

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

This hard-to-find restaurant serves a fantastic lunch for about 50 Bolivianos. It includes a salad (the likes of which you would see in a fine restaurant), a large bowl of soup with plenty of meat and vegetables, an entrée of fish or meat and fresh vegetables, as well as a lovely dessert. I'm told lunch is a better deal than dinner. I've eaten there for lunch 6-7 times and have never been disappointed.