“Just a name, as far as I've been told”
Review of Alexander Coffee

Alexander Coffee
Ranked #13 of 29 Coffee & Tea in La Paz
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 31 March 2012

No quality what so ever! I ordered some dessert...I think it was like three months old...croissants? they have to be a bit crunchy and fresh, am I right?

Reviewed 20 March 2012

As far as coffee houses go around the world, Alexander is just average. However, most of La Paz "Zona Sur" fashionable young and their elders go there to meet and chat, which makes it an attractive haunt regardless, unless you really dislike second-hand smoke, which usually invades the non-smoking section.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

My husband and I were in La Paz for a week this past February, and we went to Alexander Coffee no less than three times. Twice for their delicious lunch - we always split the Chef's Salad - and once for a coffee after having lunch elsewhere. Each time the service was excellent, the food was terrific, and the atmosphere was relaxing. I in particular have a very delicate stomach, and I never had any trouble with their food.

I especially recommend their juices and pastries - the chocolate chip muffin and carrot cake were unbelievable. My husband also raves about their coffee - he brought home six huge bags in our suitcases!

A must for those looking to relax and rejuvenate after wandering around La Paz's steep streets at 13,000 feet!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

The coffee is great, they even know how to do a cappucion, but it is too expensive. Good to hang out if you want to have WiFi.

1  Thank Saskia B
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Good pitstop for a coffee and cake. Yes it's a chain and has a bit of a starbucks feeling to it but it did the job and the coffee was great!

1  Thank Mel32