“Review of the Market restaurant only”
Review of The Market

The Market
Ranked #6 of 3,498 Restaurants in Bogota
Reviewed 11 November 2018

Hats off that this was even open! Most restaurants (including another at the Marriott) were closed on Sunday evening. Service was quick and efficient (though one waiter was hesitant in English and had to get assistance). The food: ceviche was rather too acidic (even for my taste) but was plentiful and pleasant. I ordered a steak rare. This caused some consternation but I did get the message through. I came well-done. It was also tough and tasteless which for a South American ribeye was unexpected. The chef immediately came over to apologise but the damage was done. The wine I had was absolutely delightful. Perhaps a simple mistake. Perhaps miscommunication. Anyway it was less than a good meal.

Rodolfo S, General Manager at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2018

Dear Godfrey S:

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant The Market.

I am really sorry about your disappointment. Please let me express my sincere apologies for the unintentional mistake and the inconveniences caused thereafter. These incidents are not typical of us and we are disturbed about this as much as you are. We do not compromise our customers' satisfaction under any circumstances and we will keep training our staff so they may understand the importance on deliver great experiences.

I look forward to welcome you back and providing a much better experience in days to come.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Service was Ok, but a little slow to American standards. Actually, most in Bogota do not seem to be in a rush. Patience is a virtue. Excellent food. Cooked to order. Ceviche. Sea bass, potatoes, salad, tart dessert and cappicino all for approximately $25. Should not be missed.

Dear Greggchr:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our restaurant The Market.

I am pleased to note that you appreciated the food, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests. Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our restaurant services, and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 October 2018

Felipe was very kind, attentive and foresighted. The food is excellent and I absolutely recommend to come and try it out. Thank you!

Date of visit: October 2018
Rodolfo S, General Manager at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear NadjaS550:

Thank you for spending your time to comment on your experience in our restaurant The Market.

I am very glad to see, that you remark our food offer and service provided as intended by our management and staff to be exceptional. I will be honored to let Felipe know about your wonderful comments in this review.

I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

This place opened 24/7 , you may think must be just ok quality , somehow , the hotel food service turned this into one of very fine place to dine , all the meals plus snacks . The breakfast is outstanding , buffet ( a very big spread ) as well as egg station and a lar carte , service outstanding ( go out of the way to make you smile ) , just a super Breakfast. .The lunch (dinner ) menu is outstanding too , a hugh selection of meat , fish , pasta , and asian fusion ( you can get from Tamarine next door ) , the salad bar is out of this world with a wild selection of the finest ingredient and tossed perfectly . The wine list is outstanding too. What a wonderful eatery to have in a hotel

Date of visit: October 2018
Rodolfo S, General Manager at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear 69tiger888:

Thank you for your visit to our restaurant The Market and for sharing a review.

I am very pleased to know that you appreciated the food offer and variety as well the food quality, aspects preferred by many of our guests. Your encouraging review will help us constantly deliver great services.

Once again I am glad that you enjoyed so much of the experience in our restaurant The Market, and I would love to have you back again.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Felipe was an awesome server. He is so customer focused and he helped to translate the menu. Highly recommend this establishment.

Date of visit: September 2018
Rodolfo S, Director General at The Market, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear manuelabland0,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am pretty proud to know you really enjoyed your meal with us thanks to the kind and warm service offered by Felipe, who I will share your nice recognition.

I hope to have the privilege to receive you in a new opportunity.