All reviews highly recommend hotel excellent hotel wifi connectivity andres carne de res in chia welcome cocktail front desk huge shower lots of restaurants compared to other hotels rush hour hot dishes rooms are beautiful rooftop bar short walk business travel booked this hotel good size
Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay:
- Nice large rooms
- Very clean
- Friendly staff

The location is decent but not great. You will need to take a taxi to get anywhere (probably true for most hotels). On the other hand it seemed like a safe neighborhood.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
JuanMeyer, Director Comercial at Hotel El Dorado Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2019

Dear Dominik.

Thank you for choosing Hotel El Dorado Bogotá. Also thank you for your comments and recommendations.

As you say, in most hotels in Bogotá you’ll need a taxi to get anywhere, but we have a privileged location: 93 park, Gaira, corporate offices, lots of restaurants, and lots of places you can walk. Probably you’ll need a cab to go downtown or if you are planning to go to the Salt Cathedral, which in this cases you’ll have to hire a driver.

Warmest regards, and look forward to welcome you again anytime soon!

Reviewed 5 January 2019

Pretty reasonable choice for Bogota. Located in an area with an abundance of dining choices. A good selection of breakfast choices. Staff were thoroughly friendly. For the price this hotel is good value. The loan drawback is that there was no one to pick us up at the airport when we clearly made arrangements for that to happen. Oh well, a hurdle that is more like a bump.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JuanMeyer, Director Comercial at Hotel El Dorado Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2019

Dear Gary.

Thank you for your comments about your experience with us. We are sorry that we didn’t pick you up at the airport, I will check what went wrong, because this shouldn’t had happened.

I hope that you can give us the chance again to welcome you.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2018 via mobile

El Dorado for me was the perfect choice. It’s in a good spot close to 93 Park and is exceptionally good value for money.

The hotel is immaculate throughout. My room was very clean and had everything I might need. Very comfortable bed. WiFi fast and stable. My only gripe was that housekeeping forgot to replace the coffee one day.

I had a welcome cocktail at the bar which was great. Breakfast was also included in the rate. Excellent selection of stuff to choose from. Staff sometimes need a nudge if you want coffee but otherwise all good.

Tip: There’s currently roadworks on the street where the hotel is located. It took me half an hour to move 200m during Friday evening rush hour. So if you’re arriving by cab it’s worth getting out around 93 Park and walking the last couple of minutes!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
JuanMeyer, Director Comercial at Hotel El Dorado Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2018

Dear Mr. Pdmancs,

Thank you vert much for your comments, we are commited to improve on each one of them.

Sorry about the roadworks in front, there is not much we could do about it. The city is fixing one of the pipes, and they are going to finish hopefully in the next 15 days. Although thank you for the tip for other guests.

We are glad that you had a nice experience at El Dorado Hotel, and we look forward to welcome you back again anytime soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2018

Great hotel and service for the price. Great location, you are walking distance from everything. The staff is great and food was awesome. You may end up paying a lot more money for a hotel that is just a block closer to the park, while this hotel has a more reasonable price and you just have to walk and extra block to get to the park. When it comes to taking a cab to the Zona T, the hotels distance from the 93 park doesn't matter, so why even pay more to be closer to the park 93, when the best nightlife is in Zona T and the taxi ride is the same amount of money. When I'm in Bogota I find myself splitting my time between Park 93 and Zona T, so since I will pay for the cab anyway, I try to find hotels that are a little further walking distance from the park to save cash. Hotel El Dorado exceeds all of my expectations for a hotel in this area in this price range, I'm an Expedia member and saved big on my stay there, when compared to other hotels in the neighborhood, I found El Dorado to offer the best value for the location vs price vs overall appearance. I found this place now and it will become my favorite. I will be coming back!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JuanMeyer, Director Comercial at Hotel El Dorado Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2018

Dear guest.

We would like to thank you for your comments. It’s glad for all of us to know that you had such a nice experience with us, and we look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards!

Reviewed 27 November 2018

We found the hotel well located; with courteous staff; modern rooms and bathrooms - walkable to Parque 93 area of Bogota. Nice breakfast and decent restaurant on rooftop of hotel. Would recommend for a family or couple.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Voyager58572378487
JuanMeyer, Director Comercial at Hotel El Dorado Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2018

Dear guest.

Thank you very much for your comments and recommendations. We are glad that you had a nice experience with us and we also hope to see you again soon!

It will be always a pleasure to have the chance to provide our service.

Warmest regards,