“Fun Sunday Activity”

Ranked #19 of 328 things to do in Bogota
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Popular flea market held Sundays in the town square of a residential neighborhood with lots of colonial charm.
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This market is quite a distance from the old town of Bogota. We hired a taxi each direction, but next time we would probably look into hiring a taxi at an hourly rate each way. Friends living in Bogota have told us this is often more economical when using a taxi for a longer distance. That said, the market is a relaxing way to spend a Sunday. There are lots of booths with a variety of items for sale that are more reasonably priced than in shops. We ended up with quite a lot of "loot", and we thought we were done shopping for gifts to take home!! There are numerous food vendors as well as restaurants where you can get something good to eat. The area is charming and safe.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Usaquen is a cool area in Bogota and one area that I fancied trying for a night out but never got round to it, we went to the market in Usaquen one Sunday afternoon, its just beside the Santa Barbara Shopping Centre, if you are in Bogota on holiday and fancy looking for something to take back to your country for your home, i.e. paintings, art work etc. this is a good place to try, there were a lot of things that I think people would struggle to sell though

Watch your pockets when walking through the crowded market street, we saw a police truck with 3 youths in the back, our Colombian friends said they would most likely have been caught pick pocketing

1  Thank Lucas69
Reviewed 20 July 2013

A craft and open market persons dream. Jewelry , crafts, even tables selling emeralds haha. Also so food and produce. Very safe, if you are forgiven, learn to haggle in Spanish a bit. Haggling is expected otherwise you will overpay.

1  Thank Jeremy H
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This Sunday event is a must if you go eat in Usaquen or is visiting Santa Barbara shopping center on a Sunday. Lots of small stalls with handcrafts, foods, clothes and much more. Most things made by the one selling as well who can tell you the story of how the stuff was made.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

OK. So its a flea market. But what a flea market it is. You really don't know what you will find here. Eclecticism is the order of the day. Just don't get here too early as it seems quite slow until around 11:00. From then on most all stalls are set up and raring to bargain with you. The prices seem so low that on several occasions I just said to myself why bother, I'm stealing it anyway!
Take your time to stroll through each and every side street and alley. Peek around open gates. There is something to be sold. There are performers with and without animals going down the streets and a short show may break out at any given moment.
So what to buy? The variety is crazy from stunning artworks to leather goods, wooden toys to metal sculptures. Clothes, hats and scarves of all styles and types. Jewellery and trinkets, collectables and gotstohaves and of course the ubiquitous JUNK!. There is food and drink to be had at several vendors as well as fixed building stores and bars. I tried a drink from Cali called Lula I think. Delicious. Also some hand made, turned as I waited, ice cream was very special. I somehow managed to leave after 2 1/2 hours. Not because I wanted to but because I couldn't carry anything more! I was quite satisfied with my gains and only $150 out of pocket. I bought some wonderful bargains..TAXI!!!!!!!
One word of caution. Do remember that you are in an area that is crowded and has a reputation for pickpockets. Keep a watchful eye on where you keep your cash!

3  Thank Ringsy