“Amazing hotel”

Bogota Marriott Hotel
Ranked #7 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Spectacular room, nice service, only 10 minutes from the airport with free shuttle, wonderful restaurant inside called Pimiento.
Well, I extremely recommend you that is interested in visit Bogota for tourism and better for business.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rubens A
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about the hotel and thank you for the recommendations. Pimento is a great Italian restaurant, you're correct, now, next time, I invite you to try Tanoshii Lounge, our Sushi Lounge. You won't be dissappointed.
Hope to see you soon next time you visit Bogota.

There are newer reviews for Bogota Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The hotel is beautifully designed and decorated, and rooms are spacious and comfortable. The meals and restaurants onsite are quite good and the service is strong.

The only negative I can find is that the hotel is located in an area that, while near the airport, doesn't have too much to see. Cabs are cheap, so transport is not a problem, but it would still be nice to be closer to interesting places to visit in Bogota.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PunyPenguin

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. You are right, we are located just 15 minutes away from the airport. Downtown is only 15 minutes away in the opposite direction and we are close to some interesting areas in the city. As you mention, public transportation in Bogota is not expensive and that facilitates for our guests to visit the surroundings.
Hope to see you soon next time you come to Bogota.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Really great property and nice staff, just way too slow for my needs. It took 15 minutes to check out in the Executive floor and I was the only customer checking out. The guy was slow and a bit clueless…other than that a good hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sbroumand_Nomad
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed the property and the quality of our staff. Sorry to hear that check out process took you so long. We'll make it better next time. I guarantee it. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hotel is very pretty and the staff is very friendly but that doesn't make up for the lack of attention to everyday details. I was put up by an airline (cancelled flight) so I realize that's not normal, but even so this was subpar. Van driver was very courteous but didn't know the shuttle only went to airport on half hours--he suggested 6:45, while front desk said 6:30 or 7. Front desk took meal voucher, informed me there was a limit--no problem there. It's 11 PM now, so as I reach restaurant they are closing. No problem, someone from kitchen takes my order, which will be sent to the room. 15 minutes later he calls to let me know the meal is over the limit, so I decide to look through the room service menu. When I call back I am told the airline meal is a sandwich, drink, and chips--not even a question as to what kind of drink I would like. This is 11:30 and "should be there within 30 minutes, maybe less". At 1:10 AM I call to check and after 3-4 minutes on hold am told that the meals are almost ready to deliver--they decided to wait until they are ALL ready, so I will get supper at 1:30 AM (probably later). I cancelled that and decided to just have coffee, but guess what? no coffee in sight, so I call room service again and within 5 minutes I do have coffee. When I go to shower the next morning there is no soap, no shampoo, nothing.

I would be extemely vexed if I was paying for this, since I wasn't I'm only mildly vexed. Friendly and beautiful is important, but service is more important and they blew it on that front.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank viajeromisionero
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Guest.
Thank you for choosing us during your recent visit to Bogota.
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you could have had regarding to your meal. We can assure you that we are taking the necessary measures to ensure this situation will not occur in the future again.

Our philosophy is to create positive experiences of great reminder for all our guests, for that reason we will offer you complimentary dinner during your next stay for the inconveniences that it may have caused you.
Please contact us before your arrival and we will make sure everything is ready.
If there is anything that we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

The Marriott name is well known no matter the place you are. This option in Bogota is excellent in many ways, no matter the topic you chose to evaluate.
The staff is proactive, well trained, prepared to help you in different situations. You have free transportation to the airport, very good breakfast comfortable and clean rooms... Good internet connection.... Everything I've mentioned seems to be basic, but sometimes do the basics is really difficult!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. You are right, basic not always means easy. We've done all in our hands to train correctly our staff and we still learn everyday. I'm glad that Internet Access worked properly. We've installed the latest in technology so that our guests can experience hight quality Internet.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Top of the line....10 of 10. This hotel is near everything you need. It has great services, the people are super nice, and the rooms are above outstanding. I will stay here any time with wife or alone for business. Thank you for all your services and please keep up the superb job!

Ruben Diaz : - )

Room Tip: Ninguno....todo lo que vi fue de primera.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Let my start by saying this Hotel is beautiful. Great décor and absolutely very friendly staff. I stay here for work and also stay here for fun when I visit Bogota. The food is just delicious and there are other restaurants just around the corner. The rooms are big and the beds are extremely comfortable. The internet is very good and my favorite thing..... THE HAVE AN AIRPORT SHUTTLE.. FREE.. yeahhhh. Whenever you visit Bogota for business or pleasure.. stay here. They have driver services as well or they can just call a cab for you. GREAT JOB MARRIOTT. See you in couple of days again. ;-) (for fun)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo