“Like coming home”

Ranked #2 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Stockholm, Sweden
“Like coming home”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Marriott Bogota I can recommend. Quite, close to the airport and the T and G-zone. I never felt the hotel crowded, not empty either - just a very nice atmosphere with super friendly staff.
I'm an Elite member and got a room at the executive floors, large room and well equipped. Iron board, espresso machine and a fully working infrastructure for your computer.
Including in the Elite program there is access to the executive lounge - nice staff, great breakfast and also in the late afternoon a hot buffe. What I miss in alternative places to have you breakfast and the food - it is more type of standard table seating with table very close to each other.

In the lobby area there is restaurants both inside the hotel and also just round the corner.

you need access to a cab or a car with driver to go to the center but taht is probably the case in all hotel in Bogota based on the size of the city

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest.
Thank you for choosing us during your last visit to Bogota.
We would like also to thank you for write your comments and recommend our property.
We are glad you liked our atmosphere as you mention and our friendly staff. We appreciate your loyalty with the Marriott Rewards family and do not forget that this is your home away from home.
We hope to see you soon again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Marriott Bogota is a place where you come back again and again. I had a few issues with my flight being late and Marriott's representatives were waiting for me at the airport 6 hours later. When my family called, they told them about the issue and kept them informed. What a service!!!. Only a good family member will do that for you. That's why I stick to my Marriott family not matter what. Kudos to all of them!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest.
Thank you for taking your time and post your comments about your stay with us.
We are more than glad to know that Bogota Marriott Hotel is the place where you are treated as a family. Our staff will be proud of read your review and know that our spirit of service has been recognized once again.
We hope to have you back with your family to have our entire family.
Best Regards,
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Excellent hotel providing everything I need and expect. The staff are friendly, prompt, and attentive. As an elite member I had a room on one of the executive levels and the room was well-appointed and comfortable. The executive lounge was well-managed and provided an excellent breakfast spread and evening hot foods, as well as great service. Having stayed at other hotels in the area, I am certain I will choose only Marriott hotels on future trips to Bogota. The wifi / internet access is fast and consistent. I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I booked a deluxe room.
The room (708) itself was pleasant, the "view" was not. It looks directly across Global net's offices and their employees can directly look into my room if you are peering out.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Danny.
Thank you for choosing us during your recent visit to Bogota and for taking the time to write about your experience in our property.
We appreciate your comments that make us feel more than happy knowing that you received all that you expected. We will share with our staff your experience who will be proud of being recognized for their kindness and good job.
Thank you again for your loyalty to the Marriott Rewards family and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. It is only with your insight that we can continuously improve.
If there is anything else that we can do for you for your next stay with us that allow you improve your experience please do not hesitate to let us know.
Best Regards,
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Clean, clean, clean! Not close to the fun places downtown but coming back to the hotel past midnight from anywhere in Bogota is a breeze. Avoid the rush hours if you can. Getting back to the airport was easy.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Rick B
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel. Hope to see you back soon.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 13 March 2014

No Marriott in the States is as good as this! The service is outstanding and the room very comfortable. Close to the airport and extremely quiet! The security issue on to none. The sniffing dogs and metal detectors makes you feel secure! The spa and pool are a real treat!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,
What a great review. Thank you so much. We do all our efforts to host our guests the way they deserve. Our hosts understand the fact that guests need to feel like at home when they travel. It is not easy so we strive daily to accomplish that goal.
Hope to see you soon.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Excellent hotel providing everything I need and expect. The staff are friendly, prompt, and attentive. As a platinum elite member I had a room on one of the executive levels and the room was well-appointed and comfortable. The executive lounge was also well-managed and provided an excellent breakfast spread and evening hot foods, as well as great service. Having stayed at other hotels in the area, I am certain I will choose only this Marriott on future trips to Bogota. The wifi/internet access is fast and consistent (not guaranteed at the other area hotels). Service was a bit slow in the sushi lounge and the live music was good, but loud, but I think it was more indicative of the culture of the area than a shortcoming of the hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms closer to the elevator and ice machines - I wear ear plugs to bed so the noise doesn...
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate that you take some of your time to let us know what we did right. I'm glad you enjoyed our service, our hotel, breakfast at the executive lounge, and overall you had a great stay. Let us know when you come back. We'll be ready to host you.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed for the first time at this hotel in January 2014 on a 4-day business trip to Bogota. My company's regular driver didn't show up to pick up me up at the airport when I arrived, but the Marriott staff curbside were helpful in getting me in their car service and over to the hotel (about 34,000 COP one-way, roughly 10 minutes driving).

The hotel's location is great for a business trip. It's a bit dead around the area at night, but there are still a few restaurants within walking distance. The area around the hotel feels quite safe. The restaurant inside the hotel is fine, but nothing to write home about for lunch or dinner. Breakfast in the Executive Lounge was quite good. The rooms are modern, bright, and immaculately clean. The bed in my room (531, as I recall) was very comfortable, but might be less so for people who prefer firmer mattresses.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad you liked the hotel, our services and product. Maybe you didn't know but all our beds are equipped with a feather matress topper which make them a little bit softer and warm. The topper can be removed at guest's request. Next time let us know in advance and we'll proceed to remove it for you. I'm sure you'll like it.
Once agan, thank you and see you soon!