“Excellent Marriott, Wonderful Rooms”

Bogota Marriott Hotel
Ranked #9 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Excellent Marriott, Wonderful Rooms”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed in a studio suite which was phenomenal. Very clean, exceptionally appointed, and literally one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The restaurant and food are well above average. The property is safe and quiet.

The staff, while very friendly, tend to be hit-or-miss when it comes to speaking and understanding English. Fair enough, as Spanish is the native language, but I do think they may want to place more emphasis on this as they have a large portion of U.S. and British guests.

Overall, I would highly recommend this property. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Lisa S
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Lisa S.
Thank you for taking the time to share details of your stay. I appreciate you have chosen the Bogota Marriott Hotel and I am so pleased to hear that you received exceptional service and 5-star experiences.
Thank you for your recommendations and we hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great installations and superb, professional friendly staff. They really go out of their way to make you feel special. Awesome food, and the executive lounge service and food are impressive. Will definitely continue to stay here when in Bogota, business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view North, towards the city and the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear guest.
Thank you so much for your review of the Marriott Bogota. I appreciate your feedback and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay.
We strive to ensure that each and every one of our guests is given a warm welcome and top of the line service from the moment they pull up to our doors and I'm proud that we did just that.
We hope to see you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel is very close to the airport and far nicer than typical airport hotels. The hotel is modern, pristine and the staff is very helpful. I have stayed here in the past and they continue to do a great job. The sushi restaurant here is also very good and the wifi is really good. Travel tip there is an airport shuttle that runs from 6am to 11pm. Go to the outer curb (3rd) outside of arrivals and flag the red Marriot shuttle.

Dear Guest.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our location, our sushi restaurant and shuttle service.
I will share your kind remarks with our staff and thank them for their service.
Thank you again for staying with us. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest.
california
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very good hotel with a friendly staff that made a good effort to make my stay pleasant. I would say it is the usual nicely run Marriott hotel. The Concierge Lounge is a relaxing and enjoyable place to go. Staff at the lounge do a very nice job. My room on the Concierge level was pleasant, clean and spacious. Typical business hotel fee structure, Its a little pricey for mid-week, over $300 usd but weekend it drops quite a bit. One thing to watch for, phone calls, even toll free or local calls are $1 per minute….thats a gouge in my book!
If you are going to be in that area of Bogota, then the Marriott is a good place to stay. The airport, business area and a couple malls are very close. I would stay here again. Safe travels everyone!

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking main road, has view of city and green areas, otherwise you will face neighb...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that our location was well suited for your needs and the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations., especially the staff at the lounge.
We hope to take you back again.
Houston, TX
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I was there for business and will tell you this is a gorgeous place to stay. The hotel, first, is so clean that you could eat off the floors. Secondly, the breakfast in the morning, at the resteraunt is outstanding. I did not like on the day I was leaving that the person working at the resteraunt would not allow me to bring my suitcase in, as most people don't like their bags to be out of site. A hotel, of all places, should understand this!!! The rooms are, sincerely, gorgeous! So comfortable!!! I stay in many hotels and will tell you that the beds are amazing!!! If you choose to stay here, you will not be disappointed!!!! 110% recommended!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest.
Thank you so much for your review of your experience in our property.
We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our accommodations, restaurant and service from our staff. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience in regards to the situation of your suitcase at our restaurant. Your feedback allows us to improve our service every day and we will take the corrective actions.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to serve you again.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was my first stay at a Marriott Hotel, and it will not be the last one. We had just arrived after a long flight from Mexico where we had some hassle with flights. It was very refreshing and stress-free to be greeted by the staff representatives at the airport who helped us with our bags to a waiting bus. A short time later we were checked in by some very friendly and obliging staff. Because our stay was at least 7 nights we were given a voucher as a thank-you. This voucher could be redeemed to give a free 60 minute massage, a free meal at one of the restaurants, a free tour of Bogota, or indeed a number of other perks.

The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. A pillow menu was found beside the bed which offered a number of different pillow types to choose from. I found the standard pillows to be very soft and nonsupporting so I was quite happy to be able to select one which suited me better.

The on-site restaurant was very good and offered good value for money. Similarly, the breakfast offered a varied range of items to choose from.

While the location may not be desirable for some, it suited me fine as I was traveling on business and my meetings were located nearby. Additionally, the security on-site is reassuring as patrons are required to be "wanded" with a metal detector and to have their bags checked by a sniffer dog - this can initially be a little daunting but it is a quick and pain-free process.

I am disappointed that I did not get the opportunity to try the pool / sauna / jacuzzi / steam room. You should check it out. I only saw this on my last evening as I was redeeming my free massage - very reaxing, thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed on the eight floor, which I believe is the elite members floor - very comfortable rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear James.
Thank you for choosing us as your first stay in Bogota and for let us know that it will be not the last one.
We are more than happy to read every single detail of your experience in our property. We will share your review with our staff who will be proud to have being recognized again.
We hope in your next stay you have the opportunity to enjoy our health club and all services that we have available for you.
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fantastic and attention to detail was definitely at the forefront when the hotel was built. The staff was friendly and helpful but the drug sniffing dog and the use of a handheld metal detector each time I entered the hotel was a bit much.

I wish the hotel was more centrally located and when booking I didn't realize how far away (20 min taxi) it was to la Cadelaria or zona Rosa (nightlife and restaurants).

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eric G
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Eric G.
I appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience.
I truly value you opinion and I’m happy to hear that we gave you a great experience. The sniffing dog and the metal detector that we have is due to a local standard, however we will review our procedure to improve in this area.
Thank you for your feedback and I hope to you soon.