“Super friendly staff good location ”

Bogota Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Phoenix, AZ
“Super friendly staff good location ”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Very close to the airport. Arranged for free shuttle at BOG and driver was 30 min late but apologized and guys pitching for cabs pointed me in the right direction. Friendly people and had time to take some pesos out of the ATM in the airport. Hotel itself super clean and safe. Metal detectors and dogs sniffing at entrance although it's probably overkill in modern day bogota. Stayed 4 nights and ventured the 15 min cab rides into the heart of the city all 3 days. Staff was super awesome and very friendly. Rooms like you'd expect comfortable clean and safe. Hotel is in mostly a commercial area and not a ton to do around it but there are a few restaurants and shops within wailing distance. Also a big mall not too far away but that's not my thing. The sushi in the bar downstairs is, well, about what you'd expect from a city of 8k feet, ok but definitely had much better. Would I recommend the hotel? For sure. Just know you've got to rent a car or taxi to most things fun. It is close to the airport though.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear clarkkr79.
Thank you so much for your review of your experience in our property.
We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our accommodations, restaurant and service from our staff. I would like to apologize for delayed shuttle service. Your feedback allows us to improve our service every day and we will take the corrective actions.
Thank you again for your comments and for recommending our hotel. We hope to serve you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is one of the best Marriott I have ever been. Rooms are excellent, breakfast is very good and restaurants are also very good. If you like Sushi dont hesitate to try the ones at the hotel. Service is also execellent and all the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear victorg23
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am happy to hear that you received great service from our staff and enjoyed our restaurant specially our Tanoshii Sushi bar.
It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed in a studio suite which was phenomenal. Very clean, exceptionally appointed, and literally one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The restaurant and food are well above average. The property is safe and quiet.

The staff, while very friendly, tend to be hit-or-miss when it comes to speaking and understanding English. Fair enough, as Spanish is the native language, but I do think they may want to place more emphasis on this as they have a large portion of U.S. and British guests.

Overall, I would highly recommend this property. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Lisa S
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Lisa S.
Thank you for taking the time to share details of your stay. I appreciate you have chosen the Bogota Marriott Hotel and I am so pleased to hear that you received exceptional service and 5-star experiences.
Thank you for your recommendations and we hope to see you soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great installations and superb, professional friendly staff. They really go out of their way to make you feel special. Awesome food, and the executive lounge service and food are impressive. Will definitely continue to stay here when in Bogota, business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view North, towards the city and the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear guest.
Thank you so much for your review of the Marriott Bogota. I appreciate your feedback and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay.
We strive to ensure that each and every one of our guests is given a warm welcome and top of the line service from the moment they pull up to our doors and I'm proud that we did just that.
We hope to see you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel is very close to the airport and far nicer than typical airport hotels. The hotel is modern, pristine and the staff is very helpful. I have stayed here in the past and they continue to do a great job. The sushi restaurant here is also very good and the wifi is really good. Travel tip there is an airport shuttle that runs from 6am to 11pm. Go to the outer curb (3rd) outside of arrivals and flag the red Marriot shuttle.

Dear Guest.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our location, our sushi restaurant and shuttle service.
I will share your kind remarks with our staff and thank them for their service.
Thank you again for staying with us. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest.
california
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very good hotel with a friendly staff that made a good effort to make my stay pleasant. I would say it is the usual nicely run Marriott hotel. The Concierge Lounge is a relaxing and enjoyable place to go. Staff at the lounge do a very nice job. My room on the Concierge level was pleasant, clean and spacious. Typical business hotel fee structure, Its a little pricey for mid-week, over $300 usd but weekend it drops quite a bit. One thing to watch for, phone calls, even toll free or local calls are $1 per minute….thats a gouge in my book!
If you are going to be in that area of Bogota, then the Marriott is a good place to stay. The airport, business area and a couple malls are very close. I would stay here again. Safe travels everyone!

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking main road, has view of city and green areas, otherwise you will face neighb...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that our location was well suited for your needs and the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations., especially the staff at the lounge.
We hope to take you back again.
Houston, TX
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I was there for business and will tell you this is a gorgeous place to stay. The hotel, first, is so clean that you could eat off the floors. Secondly, the breakfast in the morning, at the resteraunt is outstanding. I did not like on the day I was leaving that the person working at the resteraunt would not allow me to bring my suitcase in, as most people don't like their bags to be out of site. A hotel, of all places, should understand this!!! The rooms are, sincerely, gorgeous! So comfortable!!! I stay in many hotels and will tell you that the beds are amazing!!! If you choose to stay here, you will not be disappointed!!!! 110% recommended!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest.
Thank you so much for your review of your experience in our property.
We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our accommodations, restaurant and service from our staff. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience in regards to the situation of your suitcase at our restaurant. Your feedback allows us to improve our service every day and we will take the corrective actions.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to serve you again.