“5 star service near the Airport”

Bogota Marriott Hotel
Ranked #7 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Miami, Florida
“5 star service near the Airport”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

This is the second time I stay at this hotel and I must say, the service is impeccable! Friendly staff and wonderful accomodations, in my opinion much better than the newer JW Marriott built near the financial district of Bogota. Free business center with a friendly receptionist there and we just discovered a mall which is located only three blocks away from the hotel with very nice shopping, you just can't go wrong. Besides, you can also save the $35000 pesos that the taxi would cost you to the airport as this hotel has a free shuttle service. Definitely my favorite hotel in Bogota!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eduardo M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Isn't it weird how standard American hotel chains tend to be so much nicer in the developing world than they are stateside (e.g. Sao Paulo Hilton, Lhasa Sheraton)?

The Marriott in Bogota is no different - it's nicer than any domestic Marriott I've stayed at. The rooms are spacious, modern and comfortable and the service is top notch. And for those paranoid travelers, it's definitely very secure.

However, if you're on vacation, you might opt for a hotel with a little more character that's closer to the center of town. Getting to Zona Rosa for dinner and drinks is a solid car ride from the Marriott. Since I was on business and had a driver, it was all good - but cabbing it into town each night would be cumbersome.

Cabs in general are fine, but like in Mexico City, probably best to have hotels and restaurants call them for you instead of hailing them off the street. I actually ended up opting for taxis over the driver by the last day, not only for the small talk, but also because I was so tired of being with our super serious "secure" driver. The guy was nice but ran a tight ship: he would wait outside the hotel and make sure none of us tried to go anywhere on our own. It got pretty stuffy: the car was bulletproofed so no windows rolled down and we weren't allowed out of the car until we were directly in front of the destination (I tried letting myself out a block away from our restaurant one evening when the traffic was terrible, only to discover the doors were locked from the inside). The last day I snuck out the hotel in the morning and took a solo excursion by cab to the Candelaria.

Anyway, the Marriott Bogota is pretty sweet overall.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
USA
Reviewed 7 November 2010

I stayed four days for a business trip at this hotel. I must accept that I was impressed. The quality of the customer service, the cleanness and elegance of the rooms is superb.
I will recommend this hotel for anyone that is traveling to Bogota for business and has a driver.
The only turnoff was the location. Although is conveniently located near the airport, there is nothing to do around the hotel.

New York
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I have stayed at the Bogota Sheraton and really enjoyed my stays there. However, I stayed at the Marriott this time and was simply amazed. The rooms are excellent and comfortable. The bathrooms are spacious and well appointment. The restaurants and food are excellent. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, with a can-do attitude. You will not be disappointed. Excellent business facilities and real hi-speed internet in your room.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Neat, trendy decor, great service, nice bed, roomy.

Lima, Peru
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Killings and kidnappings have improved dramatically in Colombia thanks to the get-tough policies of President Uribe. But arriving to the hotel reminds you that threats remain: Security staff pass a hand wand over your body, and a dog sniffs you for drugs. I suppose it's the same at most big international hotels these days in Bogota.

I paid $220 or so a night and felt like it was a bit expensive. Small things didn't add up: the printer in the business center was broken, they mixed up my bill at breakfast, the elevators take a long time to arrive. As I said, those are small things, but you expect Marriott to get them right.

The room was fine, and the hotel interior, too. They provided good service, quickly correcting the breakfast mix-up and finding another way for me to print a document.

The Internet was not free.

The hotel is located around the corner from several restaurants on a busy avenue and is close to the airport and the US Embassy. But it's a 30-minute drive to the 7th Carrera, where I had to see a bunch of people.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2010

The Marriot Bogota is a very nice hotel. I can't comment on the location as I was only there for business and travel around the city was very limited.

Good things about the hotel:
Very modern
Extremely comfortable rooms - well appointed (good lighting, toiletries, towels, bed, TV and selection of channels, etc.)
Housekeeping was SUPERB. Not a speck of dirt left and my room was tidied extremely well.
Great breakfast and service attached to it (via room service)
Coffee maker in the room
Lots of English speaking staff
Italian restaurant served a lovely meal both nights we went and the service again, was great!

The only thing I could find is that there weren't robes/slippers in the room as I normally like. I wanted to go swimming but didn't bring my own wrap to cover up on the way to the pool. That was my own fault though, but for a hotel of this type, I would definitely expect robes in the room.

This is definitely a 5-star hotel in Bogota. I am only marking it overall "very good" as I have stayed in some special hotels (also reviewed here) and just can't rate it the same. But if this was based on Bogota soley, then I would definitely give it an "EXCELLENTE!"