“A great first stay in Bogota”

Holiday Inn Express Bogota
Ranked #58 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my first stay in Colombia, I've stayed at many Holiday Inn express hotels with pleasant stays so this was my first choice.
Firstly, it's a very new hotel (or newly refurbished!), so everything was shiny and new.

The rooms were a very good size, and the bathroom was very nice with a very large shower.

I had a nice view of the airport side of the city, and it was very quiet too.

The restaurant was quite small but had nice food. I skipped breakfast each morning so can't comment there.

A very nice stay and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HiexService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Dan Freeman

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience. I take this opportunity to let you know that you left a comment on Holiday Inn Express Parque 93 which is different from the hotel you visited, which was Holiday Inn Airport, if you would like to leave a comment on their hotel please use the following link http://www.tripadvisor.co/Hotel_Review-g294074-d2152328-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Bogota_Airport-Bogota.html

Once again, my team and I greatly appreciate your comment and time.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Bogota

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The best advice I could possibly say: don't get confused with the other holiday inn in Bogota.

I had one night in I know that there was a holiday inn somewhere close to the airport. A local friend sent me by mistake to wrong holiday inn, but never mind -I like it.

Well, the Express is located in 94 street which is great for any visitor of the city.
Clean and quiet, that is so important.
nice breakfast and a near by excellent restaurants.
friendly desk easy handling.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear longjub

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience at our hotel. We are glad that even though our hotel was not in the location you were looking for we fulfilled your needs
Once again, our staff greatly appreciates your comment and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Close to Parque de la 93, best area of Bogota for security and restaurants. Large and well equped rooms. Very kind and well educated staff as it is usual in Colombia. I missed a help with my lugagge and to locate my room. Nobody came with me from reception.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank fpoegea

Dear Fpoegea

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience at our hotel. I would like to thank you for mentioning the service that our staff provided and also our location and safe area. Regarding the help with your luggage and your room we appreciate the comment so we can take action on the matter.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel operates like a 5 star hotel, very unusual for a Holiday Inn Express. It is located in a safe area and a block away from Zona Rosa with many restaurant choices around the park. The reception staff was extremely helpful in arranging for transport to the Salt Cathedral 15 minutes after our arrival as well as arranging to hold our luggage for 5 days while we went up to San Gil and Villa de Leyva. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh. Lobby is very inviting along with free wifi. Room was spacious, clean and beds comfortable. We were given a welcome package when we checked in (both times). Definitely the place to stay in Bogota!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ConnecticutGina

Dear ConnecticutGina

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience at our hotel. I would like to thank for mentioning our convenient location and our comfortable and quiet rooms. We feel really grateful that you compare our hotel with a 5 star level. Once again, my team and I greatly appreciate your comment and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Very convenient location to any Chicó area businesses. My room was comfortable and quiet, for a second story room. My rate included a node breakfast, served in a pretty congested area. The gym was adequate for its size. Yes, cabs associated with the hotel are expensive but it's a trade off if you are concerned about safety.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tspv6570
HiexService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Tspv6570

In regards to the breakfast area, we are working on making improvements so it could more spacious to our guests.

Mónica Fábregas

Reviewed 31 March 2014

very convenient to airport, rooms and beds very comfortable. people very friendly. Bar area not a typical american bar but carries good selection. Workout area very suitable. Breakfast included and good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Fpoegea

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience. I take this opportunity to let you know that you left a comment on Holiday Inn Express Parque 93 which is different from the hotel you visited, which was Holiday Inn Airport. If you would like to leave a comment on their hotel please use the following link http://www.tripadvisor.co/Hotel_Review-g294074-d2152328-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Bogota_Airport-Bogota.html

Once again, my team and I greatly appreciate your comment and time.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

First time I got kicked out of a place. I felt embarrassed for the way I had to go out of there, because a mistake by a functionary (Andrea). They have extended my stay, but they had no room and forced me to leave the hotel.
As it was not enough, on Friday, I had to forget to take a rest in my room because the noise was caused in the lobby, but was perfectly heard inside the room.
A bottle of water from the minibar is theft. 8 dollars per a bottle.
To schedule a wake-up service, you need to be patient. Call to the front desk is a pain.
The taxi drivers from the hotel were not confident people (not all of them). Everyday, in the same route we got different prices. I have been charged 50% more from one of them.

Room Tip: Good location Noise rooms Bad front-desk service
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HiexService, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Mr Idf_la,

Thank you very much for your comment and to bring all the details from your stay to our attention.

I am extremely sorry we failed you when extending your stay with us. Please be certain that I will take the corrective measures with my team so this type of situations do not happen in future.

In regards to the noise levels, on that day we had to do an emergency maintenance work, I am sorry we did not communicate this you effectively. Works of this type are not common to our operation and we will certainly inform to our guests on time in future should be required.

In what refers to the taxi company I will address this immediately. The company that provides the taxi service to us devised a flat rate strategy according to the distance from the hotel to different places in Bogotá to avoid this type of situations and I am very disappointed this was not honored during your stay.

Finally I will kindly ask you to give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Bogotá. We have a resolute commitment to guests satisfaction and I can’t stress enough how disappointed I am we failed you on this promise.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel and will certainly demonstrate that we truly care and value our guest’s loyalty.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Yours sincerely