“BEST SERVICE ANYWHERE!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Pontiac, Michigan
“BEST SERVICE ANYWHERE!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

It was a Incredible to stay at Charlies Place. It was my first trip to Colombia, the whole staff was Incredible. From Javier (Manager), Andrea, Charlie (the owner), and his son, helped us out whenever we needed anything; we wanted for nothing, the staff is very knowledgeable and made you feel wanted just like family. I felt like this was my home. We were picked up at the airport. A true pleasurable experience all the way through. I look forward to my next visit to Bogota. It will be at Charlies Place!!!! Rooms are nice, quiet and conformable. , all around great experience.
Will definitely be back! Best service I have had In all my years of traveling.
Daniel and Tatiania
Thanks again!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dtibbet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Colorado Springs
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

I had previously reviewed this hotel and had a wonderful time there. Things have changed!!!!!!! The main draw for me previously was the great staff and how helpful they were. The ENTIRE staff has changed. They were not near has helpful as before. I had actually called the owner in advance to see if he would be available to assist in my plans, and he said to check in and come see him. I was there for 2 days and he was no where to be found. I checked in at 5 am, and the jack hammers at the hotel started at 8 am. So no sleep to be found. The bed was the worst I have ever slept on. I was completely worn out and sunken in the middle and the bed frame itself was in such bad shape that the slightest movement would cause creeking and cracking noise that would actually wake you up. My last trip stay in the hotel was not any better but thought I would wait and see if any improvement was made....it has only gotten worse. This was my last stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank viper6135
Cozumel, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

Charlie's Place in Bogota was our choice for this trip. It is located near a big Carrefour store and Santa Ana Shopping Center, so anything you could need you can get there.

The ambience is very romantic and cozy, but even if you are single, you still can enjoy the moment and meet other tourists to chit chat and make friends while in Bogota.

The receptionists are lovely and nice women, very educated and they are willing to help you any time with a smile. They speak spanish and english, so you will not have problems to communicate with them.

Their price is really fair since Bogota turned into a expensive place like any other big city in the world, and they offer a nice breakfast.

No doubt Charlie's Place is your home away from home. It is for us!

Howard & Priscila

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

The hotel is certainly a best rate hotel. The staff was more than helpful during my stay in Bogota and would certainly plan to stay there again anytime instead of a chain hotel.
The rooms were spacious and very clean. They do serve the best coffee in Colombia. :)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

Cozy room. Friendly staff. Free Wifi in the rooms. The size of room and bathroom is not small, good wardrobe. The shower could be better. It has very low pressure and inconstant temperature. My room in the back was very quiet. The bed size could be bigger because I am tall.
There is a shopping center 5 minutes walk with good restaurants.
10 minutes taxi to the Zona Rosa (Zona T) with nightlife, bars, restaurants, shopping centers.
Simple breakfast. Very good price.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

My stay at Charlie's Place was one of the best hotel experiences ever.
The staff speak English and provide great service. The rooms are very clean and very comfortable and secure, like a home away from home. Breakfast is well prepared and plentiful. I especially appreciated the personalized service I recieved, as the staff were attentive to my travel plans and helped me meet up and visit with my friends in Colombia. The hotel offers pickup from the airport, as
well which was a very nice way to
begin my stay.

• Stayed January 2011
Stuttgart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

First a comment to Ricca1974: I am surprized, that travelers in this day and age are not able to click on the "Show on Map" Button to see where a Hotel is located. I can only assume that you were also surprized to find that Colombia does not lie in India when you arrived? (Especially amusing that you come from the same town as the guy who made that mistake in 1492 ;-) It is not fair to give the hotel this bad rating just because one has made a mistake in not getting basic travel information.

We came to Charlie's Place at the beginning, middle and end of our trip to Colombia and it felt a bit like coming home: it was clean, spacious, quiet (at least our room in the back of the Hotel), it had comfortable beds, good breakfeast with your choice of eggs, pancakes etc included, fast and stable WiFi in the room and throughout the hotel, hot shower ... and best of all: super-friendly staff! :-)

The location is good if you want to be in a safe neighborhood in the northern part of the city - Usaquen with a lot of good Restaurants and Nightlife is just around the corner.

The Price / Value ratio was great compared to all other hotes we stayed at in Colombia.
Overall we can just say: We'll be happy to come back again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple