“Just like the rest said, solid hotel”

Charlies Place Hotel
Ranked #72 of 269 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed here on my last night in Bogota as an alternative to La Candelaria. I got an amazing price through expedia of $44 which made for excellent value. Good location near Usaquen which was what i wanted. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms solid and good wifi in the rooms. Bar and breakfast. Do not know if would have paid full price but for the price i got....very good very reccomended if not being more south in the city is nessacery

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Overall this is a great, as clean as it gets hotel in a good area of town. We would come again and recommend this place.

Location:
=======
We came to Bogota because we needed visas for Bolivia and Brazil. The hotel is conveniently situated in the middle of both embassies. The area around the hotel is safe. We spent three full days walking more than 200 city blocks getting paperwork for our visas. No problems. The only location flow is that the hotel could be a little bit closer to more restaurants.

Cleanliness:
==========
The hotel was super clean. We had both a room with a shared bathroom and a room with private bath. Both were very clean.

Staff:
====
The staff spoke good English and was super friendly. They helped us with directions, ordering food, calling cabs etc.

Parking:
======
We are traveling through South America with our car. It was very important to have a secure parking and this hotel has one. Fenced off and locked parking in the hotel's backyard. 24h video surveillance. Direct access from the hotel.

Internet:
=======
Fast, good wifi internet. There is a small computer room on the first floor if you don't have a laptop. There is also a printer and a scanner you can use in the lobby (this was very, very convenient for us).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Georgi I
Reviewed 29 July 2013

In Bogotá, you really cannot do better than this - this hotel has everything that you want in a stay. The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful. The accommodations are nice (in a rustic way). The rooms are spacious and the cost is low. Breakfast is included, free and delicious.

I stayed in the best suite - the family suite, for which I paid only 200K pesos per night. It has two bedrooms, each with queen beds. The hotel has drivers which can take you to your destination though they're about 5000 pesos higher than taxis on the street. Still, they are friendly, knowledgeable, safe and convenient.

The only downside to this hotel is that the location is not ideal.

Room Tip: Choose the family suite, it's worth the money
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank theskaven
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I had a last time business trip to Bogota, and I've booked Charlies Place Hotel. They've done all they can do to help me and I can tell you, they saved my stay there. They've given me a really nice room, and helped me with any little detail that I needed. Location is really good specially when you need to work on the area, quite close to malls and business centers.

1  Thank groncios
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed at Charlie’s Place for 5 nights, and the service was impeccable. (Ana spoke perfect English!) After telling them we were budget travelers, they dropped their price by 20.000 pesos per night. When we needed breakfast before 6:30am (so my partner could get to her hospital job on time at 7am), they brought it to our room at 6:15! When we wanted food delivered, they ordered it for us. Most impressive for me, one night after passing a nearby DVD rental store, I asked staff (super-friendly Juan or Sebastian) if they had a hotel account. They didn’t, but the staff opened one for us to get the DVD, had it delivered to the room, and the owner, Nelson – a super friendly guy who also speaks perfect English - HIMSELF set up the DVD player in the room, even though I had told staff I could just watch it on my laptop! Super spectacular service, super friendly staff, from the cleaning staff all the way to the jefe. Breakfast was always delicious, the room had a great TV, nice bed and furnishings, pretty wood floor, and huge bathroom. They always offered us coffee if we were hanging out in the lobby. They had great internet connection (and several computers in area adjacent to lobby, for those without laptops). They have a super-homey lounge area – plush chairs in front of huge TV, library of books, full-size pool table, bar, music, a separate area with pub-style tables and comfy stools, and a separate dart-board and frog/tejo room. Within a block or so from grocery store, drug store, and shopping mall. ALL of the staff were so accommodating and friendly, always. When we had a midnight flight, they charged us half price to keep the room for the day. Charlie’s Place was truly a home away from home. Best hotel in Bogota!

3  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Searched for hours abd hours and came across Charlies. Staff were brilliant. It's so nice to stay in a place that makes you feel at home. I have stayed in Bogata on a few occasions and this beats any hotel out there

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Markface
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My boyfriend and I happened across Charlie's Place by sheer accident, and I believe the stars were aligned that day. We spent 5 nights here and felt very welcome, every whim was tended to: from an early breakfast upon request, to a very late check-out because we had a night-time flight. The staff was incredibly friendly, the rooms were comfortable, the bathroom was as ample as a Botero derriere, and all for a reasonable price. Will definitely be staying here next time I'm in Bogota. Hint: Ask for Ana, her English is impeccable.

1  Thank whitney s