“Very nice location and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cite Hotel

Cite Hotel
Ranked #62 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Portland, Oregon
“Very nice location and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I was at the end of a month long trip and needed an easy, quiet place to stay. Cite Hotel provided everything that I needed from a quiet room, quality meals, and outstanding front desk service.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Thrasher2011
claudia a, Gerente at Cite Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your nice comments, and we feel glad for beeing useful for your needs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I've stayed at several different hotels in Bogota in the past but I've just stayed here for four nights and just booked again for six nights in late March. I'm travelling for business and this place pretty much ticked all the boxes for me. Stand out was the quality of the breakfast and the food generally (it is in an area with some fantastic restaurants but the hotel's kitchen rises to the challenge presented by its neighbours), complimented by an exceptional team of restaurant and bar staff, which really kept me coming back. On the first morning they happily went off menu to provide me with poached eggs on toast, after that I was never disappointed by the service that I received. They get it right, invisible when necessary but always attentive. It's a really great place for breakfast meetings.

My room was large and really had all the facilities that I needed to work and rest and it was kept very clean - just two gripes, the safe didn't work (I gave up asking for it to be fixed after day two) and the bed was a little too hard for me.

In early February you need to be a little hardy to use the pool but it is heated, long enough to swim lengths (this isn't a glorified bath) and the view of the mountains surrounding the city, well you certainly know where you are.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AndrewSenior
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

We usually stay at the Sofitel when in Bogota. We chose Hotel Cite as an alternative in the zona Rosa district which is a nice area full of restaurants.

What a good surprise! Rooms are modern and convenient with L'Occitane products in the bathroom. We were given a king room on the top floor (room 803) with nice view on the underneath park and nearby avenue. The hotel also offers free Wi-Fi.

At approx. $150 per night with buffet breakfast included, we feel we made a great deal. The staff is very nice and the gentleman at the front desk spoke perfect English. There is a heated swimming pool on the top floor, which We didn't use during this stay.

Anyway, i have no doubt that we will be back in this hotel on our next trip to Colombia!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Virrey Park
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chzosso
Albany, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Very accommodating, great service most of the time, really good breakfast comes with the room, outstanding, clean, top of the line room. Great location near Zona Rosa. Easy walking in a very safe neighborhood (actually, we felt safe everywhere in Bogota).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank rlrAlbany
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

I had one evening to spend in Bogota before flying back home and, based on reviews on TripAdvisor, I chose Cite Hotel. On a previous stay to Bogota, I had stayed at the Sofitel, but as I would be alone this time and there only briefly, I sought a less costly option. I was very
impressed. The hotel felt like a friendly, chic boutique -- not a huge cold chain like the Sheraton or Marriott.

-- Staff/check in: This was what impressed me most. The women at the front desk were extremely attentive and welcoming. Though I arrived several hours before standard checkin, they were glad to give me a room upon arrival. They also brought me coffee as I went through registration. Bell staff and housekeeping were also very accommodating and courteous (note that English was spoken at the front desk but not by other staff). The staff were proud of their hotel and their jobs, and it certainly showed. This is the best service I have encountered in all my travels to Colombia.

-- Rooms: Crisp design. Very comfortable. Spotlessly clean. Occitane amenities Only slight critique is that the towels were a bit rough.

-- Services: Nice restaurant in the lobby with good breakfast included in room price. Wifi functioned very well. There is no gym in the hotel but they do provide a voucher to visit a full-service gym two blocks away (I did not have time to go).

-- Location: Very centrally located in a safe neighborhood overlooking a small pleasant park. Walking distance to the Zona Rosa and Zona T. It wasn't quite as lovely an area as the Sofitel, but still convenient and safe.

-- Value: The room was about US$140/night. Can't beat the value; the hotel could justify charging more.

I would not hesitate to recommend Cite hotel -- for outstanding service, elegant accommodations, and excellent value.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank NYinTransit
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stayed two nights in this hotel and found it excellent. The room was wonderful, big, modern, clean with coffee maker and even a hot water bottle!! The bathroom was fantastic, rain shower with L'Occtaine products, nice towels, slippers and big bathrobes.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and happy. The food we had was very good.

The outdoor terrace area for breakfast/drinks was really good. The only criticism I would make was that we didn't realise you could order a cooked breakfast, we thought it was just the buffet. However, that was partly our fault perhaps for not being able to speak Spanish (though staff do speak English).

Overall, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel, it was superb.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

Because of my traveling I always use the international hotel cains but after I found this hotel, I am not going any place else. The rooms are very nice, clean and very comfy. Everything works perfect and even the internet is quite fast. The location of the hotel is perfect and in walking distance of everything(food and drink). The staff is very nice and very serviceminded. The value for this hotel is very high compared to the price.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business