“Small pearl in a great "neighbourhoody" location in Bogota!”
Review of Hotel bh La Quinta

Hotel bh La Quinta
Ranked #76 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
Sao Paulo, SP
“Small pearl in a great "neighbourhoody" location in Bogota!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Very good, homy and small hotel (sort of big house) in a great neighborhood in Bogota!
Walking distance to a few business places, restaurantes and cafes, and so not close to the old part of town.
Very friendly staff and fair price.
Do recommend if you are on a short stay in Bogota.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank DiogoSouto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is a very stylish, small hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are enormous, well furnished and the breakfasts just fine! The staff are very helpful and helped me organise tours around Bogota and taxis. I especially enjoyed walking around the area and a few streets away you can walk up through the parks and into the mountains behind the Rosales area (open till 1000am). A breath of fresh air in a busy city is a fine thing and if you are interested in birds this is an excellent choice for a city hotel. For a first time tourist in Bogata, I couldn't have stayed in a nicer hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank alexandra m
ServicioAlClienteBH, RRPP at Hotel bh La Quinta, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Alexandra

We are grateful for your comments and pleased to know that you enjoyed staying at our Hotel Bh La Quinta, while experiencing our greatest features such as our location, staff service, comfortable rooms and delightful breakfasts.
It is always in our best interest to provide our guests with a pleasant stay.
Come back soon
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stopped in for a one-night stay and were very impressed with this stylish boutique hotel. From the moment we arrived, the service was impeccable and we were taken to a spacious suite with a large wrap-around balcony and beautiful views of the city. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room had a slick modern style. Another highlight was the buffet style breakfast (included with the rate), which was served in the small restaurant downstairs called "El Comedor". The food was really tasty and the perfect way to get your day going. They also arranged for our transportation to the airport and the cab/driver was the cleanest and most professional we experienced during our stay in Colombia.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite in the new (back) part of the hotel on the 6th floor, and it had a huge wrap ar...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PuraVida2521
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Small and stylish boutique hotel, with friendly staff, personalized service, comfortable large rooms, good breakfast selection, and a classy restaurant with good food at the ground floor. Located in a safe and quiet area, conveniently located near the zona G (upscale restaurants) and zona T (upscale shopping, bar and restaurant area).

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Erik P
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The staff is very helpfull all the time, but they surpassed when I had a 'little' accident when I stepped in a hole in the street and I thought I had a broken foot. They called a doctor who came and told me it was not broken and gave me some medicine for pain and inflamation. The food at the restaurant is good, but I think breakfast could be better.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ElDoc1
Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed at this property last week with my parents and I could not be happier with our experience. The staff was extremely helpful and caring and catered to all of our needs.

The location is very central and close to all of the Zona G restaurants and only a short cab ride (or about a 20 minute walk) to Zona T/Zona Rosa. The reason I originally chose this hotel was because of it's prime location. It is not on 7th (Septima) like some of the other nice hotels I was looking into such as Hotel Charleston and not right in Zona T, as both of these locations are filled with noise at night from people enjoying la rumba and in the morning from buses and cars honking their way down the streets. Needless to say, the hotel was in fact EXTREMELY QUIET, which was something my parents were very happy about.

The attached restaurant is very cute and serves up some delicious food. The included breakfast was also quite delicious (buffet style with fruits, cheese, ham and bread/pastries, and eggs made to order however you'd like). We had veggie egg-white omelets every morning which were very tasty!

In addition, I have to mention that my father got a bug bite before he got to Bogota that had become infected and when I asked the front desk how we would go about visiting a doctor/clinic, they informed me that we could have a medic sent to the room (24/7) without charge. I was amazed that this service existed. Within about an hour after making the call, 2 paramedic types arrived to our room and treated my father (cleaned out the bite) and wrote him a prescription for a cream and antibiotics. I then gave the prescription to the front desk and a member of the hotel staff even went to the pharmacy and brought back all of the necessary medicine for us FREE OF CHARGE at about 1am. If that's not good service, I don't know what is!

All in all, we had a great experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bogota looking for comfort, value and caring staff.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kristin H
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I came here on business for a few weeks and agree with other commenters, the service is poor. The front desk is definitely inflexible in requesting service. The restaurant is good and the security is high (a bit exaggerated). I had a business colleague visit and they wanted to charge me money. At that point, I recommended to the person handling future trips to avoid the hotel and its unnecessary charges. In addition, the transportation offered by the hotel was not that reliable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business