“Worst Bogota Hotel Experience Ever”
Review of G Hotel Bogota

G Hotel Bogota
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bogota
G Hotel Bogota
Ranked #251 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Seattle, Washington
“Worst Bogota Hotel Experience Ever”
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I just spent two agonizing days with my friend at this hotel. It was a nightmare. First, as other travelers have stated, it is in a very dingy neighborhood and not gay at all. Nor is it near any gay areas. Just horrible. Secondly, the rooms are just crap. The towels are thread-bare and hold no water, there was NO HOT WATER in the sink and in the shower and the room was colder than Alaska. Another thing you must watch out for is the fact that if you do decide to stay here, DO NOT, never pay the internet amount. The hotel is actually 80,000COP or 40US a night. When we talked to the man who was operating the website he told us the extra 28 was his commission. We fought it but never got through. This hotel should be shut down and demolished.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Flair4GoldBranin

Families
Business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE! I was also tricked booking this hotel. It was my first time in Bogota. I was told that it was close to Chapinero gay area. It was so far. I was picked up by Jose & asked my $20 for the transfer it should be only $15. I was so tired from a long flight & asked for a 5 days CASH advance payment which I did. I was so exhausted and as soon I opened my room was horrible. It was not a G Hotel it was a "Bogota Inn" which is NOT even a gay hotel. There are so many families living there. It was so nosiy in the morning. The place was scary no restaurants & stores nearby. You need to walk 30 mins or take a cab. The neighborhood is a bad area of Chapinero full of grafitti everywhere. It was a nightmare.

I did not sleep cause it was too noisy. There are so many women yelling all the time. It's like a hooker's motel. The people in front desk doesn't speak english & no maps. As soon as wake up in the morning I went to Chapinero area near Carulla I found a nice hotel and cheaper & better area close to restaurants & stores. I moved but at least I feel safe. DO NOT STAY HERE! ripped off . They will not tell you the address & you need to pay in CASH in advance DON'T PLEASE!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank STR8HARDBODY

Travellers are raving about these Bogota hotels

Queensland Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2010

This is a website claiming to be the G Hotel Bogota.
Do NOT book in to this hotel as it does not exist.
The website manager Jose will insist on meeting you at the airport
and he will take you to a hotel but its is not the G Hotel Bogota and it is not a gay hotel. It is a normal basic hotel which does not even display a name on the building. It has various names such as Hotel Bogota Suites, Suitte Inn, Hoteles Bogota Inn. But take note that it is NOT a gay hotel.The website is run by a young man Jose who does not even work or live at the hotel.I was tricked by this website and this man .The other guests were families, married couples etc. There is nothing remotely GAY about this hotel (no flag, no poster, no magazines, no information and worst of all Jose could not even provide me with a map of the gay scene in the neighbourhood or Bogota overall), it is located 7 dark lonely blocks from the start of the Chapinero gay scene, it cost US$54 for a single. I recommend all gay people do not book into this hotel. The staff were not overly eficient or friendly and certainly not gay friendly. I repeat the G Hotel Bogota is not a hotel, it is a website only so dont be fooled into booking it.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo