“Great”

JW Marriott Hotel Bogota
Ranked #1 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This was my first trip to Colombia and South America and was a bit apprehensive about what to expect. Staying at this hotel was a great choice. It's in a good location, safe neighborhood, within walking distance of lots of shopping, restaurants, etc. The biggest danger was crossing the endlessly traffic clogged streets that don't respect pedestrians. Prior to arrival I arranged airport pick up (highly recommended and about the same cost and more convenient than taxis, especially after a long flight) and tours through Ericka, a very helpful concierge at the hotel. Her assistance was highly appreciated. The hotel is a secure, modern (I believe it's only about a year old) building with a pleasant, helpful staff, great rooms; I didn't eat at any of the hotel restaurants as there were so many (much cheaper) options in the neighborhood. I stayed in a standard king room which was very nice. Bathroom was huge, and the bedroom was quite roomy. Internet is pricey (why do all the cheap hotels have free Internet?). The tour company recommended by the hotel, Hansa Tours was great. If/when I return to Bogota, this is my first choice.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Elisabeth_Ospina, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for the time you have taken to comment about us.
It is quite a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed the tour and found the concierge's assistance fit for your wants. It is also fulfilling to know you liked Colombia and that you were able to experience what the country is really about.
We would love to have you visit us again and hope that next time you will take a chance to visit our restaurants, we are sure you won't regret it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,127)

Reviewed 15 October 2011

The Jw Marriott Bogota is classic architecture. This is a very contemporary design with beautiful lines. Food is first rate, rooms are equal to or better than most comparable priced hotels but again the Colombian people are so warm, inviting, sincere and beautiful. if you have not visited explore and witness the warmth.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Elisabeth_Ospina, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Good day,
We are glad you found the Colombian enviroment a warm and inviting one as well for the hotel's ambiance and amenities.
It is gratifying to know you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to have you visit us again soon to give us yet another change to make your next stay better than the next one.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

I have stayed in hotels all over the world and I can honestly say thatr the JW Marriott Bogota is one of the best; the great customer sevice, the well appointed rooms and attention to detail makes this hotel the obvious choice for Bogota.
First I want to thank the executive floor staff that made our stay extra special (Although all of the staff we came in contact with was very friendly and polite from the valet parking to the housekeepers) Rodrigo, Andres and Stephanie from the executive floor, thank you for making our four days at your hotel memorable for me an my family. My girlfriend and I enjoyed the hotel so much that we decided to book an additional room for my grandparents so they could enjoy the hotel amenities as well.
I was given a very spacious corner unit on the 7th floor and access to the concierge lounge as both my girlfriend and I are Marriott Elite members (Gold and Platinum respectively). The offerings in the executive lounge were great for all food presentations and resembled typical foods from Colombia. The hotel was full of luxuryous touches throught and a very safe enviroment. The valet parking was complimentary as well as 1 hour use per day of the conference room on the executive floor and you also could have two alcoholic beverages per registered guest in the executive floor (and they had good alcohol too, not the cheap stuff like the JW Marriott Beijing). They were extremely accomodating providing my grandparents with a late check our for their room as well.
The fitness center as well as the spa are very well equiped also.
I will definetely stay at this hotel next time I go to Bogota and recomend to anybody traveling to for business or pleasure to the city, we absolutely loved it!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
We must first thank you for you wonderful comment and for pointing out your appreciation with such detail as this gives us a closer look into our guest's preferences. We'll be sure to let our associates know that they contributed to your great stay.
We hope to have you back soon, it will be delightful to serve you again.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

My first stay in Bogota was very much called a great success, accumulated by staying in the JW Marriott. From the moment I got of the airport, where a hotel taxi picked me up till checking out was polished with great service in the JW in Bogota. rooms are great, bedding super and restaurant service and food choice outstanding.
Thanks!

Room Tip: I got this 10th floor conciege's floor room....silence all over.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Good day,
It is quite a pleasure to know your whole stay, not only at the hotel, but in the city as well was a success. We are also glad our amenities and service were of your total delight.
Thank you so much for the time you took to let us know about your experience and we hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

A dear friend invited me to Bogota in July. We stayed at the JW Marriott 4 nights and had a great time! Best hotel in Bogota. Breakfast and dinner in the concierge's lounge was outstanding. No need to take my friend to a traditional restaurant. We had empanadas, tamales, pan de bono, roscon con bocadillo, Colombian cheeses and coffee, tropical fruit, fresh squeezed orange juice, ajiaco, pork loin, arepas, patacones, and the best desserts ever!!! Lots of Club Colombia, too!! We loved to work out in the gym at night and then soak in the tub in our bedroom. Very comfortable beds. Extremely clean rooms. Complete attention to all details. Will not stay anywhere else in our next visit to Bogota.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
We are glad you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us as well as the cuisine. We like to make our dishes as traditional as possible so our guests can enjoy the full taste of Colombian food.
It would be more than a pleasure for us to have you visit us again.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Full of details, amenies, security, ambiance, fine food and decor.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comment.
We hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Food, service, in-room electronics: all first-rate. I've stayed in business-class hotels all over the world and this one is right at the top.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Guest,
It is wonderful to know that you consider our establishments "outstanding" and that our in-room electronics were useful to you. Thank you for your recommendations and for having us at the top of your list. We hope to have you again soon.