“Great amenities for a high end stay”

JW Marriott Hotel Bogota
Ranked #1 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great amenities for a high end stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here on business in April. Highlights:
- Lovely room with partial hardwood floors. Very nice furnishings. Two lit closets and storage for all my clothes for the week.
- Large bathroom with shower room (yes, the shower is huge) and toilet water closet within.
- Plenty of bottled water each day.
- The wet areas in the spa were heavenly! Surround shower with sauna was the perfect pick me up after a long day of work.
- Bar area in the hotel was great, chic, and well staffed.
- The hotel is right beside a Juan Valdez for great coffee and pastry in the morning. That is if you don't want the fabulous breakfast buffet each morning.

My team and I enjoyed the outside bar by the water fountain, the DJ was spinning tunes and the hostesses were on top of our drink requests. The overall service at this hotel was excellent.

Room Tip: My room faced another building, so I had to keep my curtains closed (there were people working in th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ramon_E_Diago, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear guest,
It is a pleasure and an honor alike to hear such wonderful comments about your stay with us. We are glad that the establishments and the service came together to provide you with a high end stay, and please know that it is nothing short of a pleasure to make you feel welcome and taken care of in all aspects of your visit. We hope to have you and your team with us again on your next visit to Bogota and thank you for choosing the JW Marriott.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 May 2014

JW Marriott Bogota is in a neighbourhood littered with nice restaurants and boutiques. It may be far from the city centre but most of the better hotels are in this neighbourhood. There is also a small mall 1 block away so food and shopping are easily accessible.

Service is excellent with friendly and attentive staff. The lobby and room are well maintained and clean. Wifi is free only in the lobby. My only complaint is the toilet which was clogged. I had to call the hotel plumber to unclog the toilet, which was an embarassing situation for me. I did not expect to face such a problem with a top notch hotel like the JW Marriott, but I was appeased by the efficient plumber who came and repaired the toilet very quickly.

Overall, I would definitely come back to stay in this property again when I return to Bogota.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear guest,
It is nice to know the location of the hotel was satisfying and suitable for you. We are also very glad that the service provided was pleasing as well as the establishments of the hotel. Please accept our apologies regarding the plumbing issue and thank you for telling us so we can have a closer look at these matters in order to prevent them from happening again. We certainly hope to have you back soon and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.
Montevideo Department, Uruguay
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I recently stayed at the JW Marriott in Bogota for a quick wedding anniversary get away. I am left with a feeling that no detail was overlooked. Having noted in my reservation that my stay was for a wedding anniversay, at every stop the staff was congratulating and providing some small acknowledgement.

I took advantage of a weekend package that included a room, couples massage and breakfast buffet. After responding to the confirmation email, the healt club immediately emailed to set up massage times, and the concierge took care of all restaurant reservations. After the spa treatment, we were provided with a complimentary dessert. The restaurant (La Mina), rated one of the best in Bogota, had a private corner table with rose petals adorning the top and complementary dessert waiting. The service was spectacular.

I was only sad to see that the Sunday brunch is a bit lacking from when I came last year. While the service is still fantastic, there was no live music this time around. Also, the buffet has suffered a bit from a year ago - this time there were more lunch items and not so much breakfast, except for the made to order omelet and some bacon. A year ago, there were many breakfast items available including eggs benedict, waffles, sausage and bacon, eggs, potatoes in addition to several lunch items - a true "brunch" of sorts.

This JW Marriott is the leading example of luxury and service in Bogota. I thank all of the staff and managment that made sure my anniversary weekend was special.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
First and foremost, thank you for allowing us to be part of such a special occasion!
It is nice to know everything went just great and it is our pleasure and goal to offer you an amazing experience from beginning to end. We are sorry you did not find the brunch as well as the previous time you joined us but you should know that we are working on some changes that will make an exceptional experience. We hope to have you back with us soon and thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Bogota.
Alessandria, Italy
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very new just in the financial area with nice and well equipped rooms. I tried also the Hilton nearby but at the end I think this is much better. If you eat at the hotel you'd better go to the Mina restaurant, since the other is so and so.
The staff is very kind and the executive lounge quite good.
Good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Ramon_E_Diago, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with us. It is nice to know you were pleased by the establishments of the hotel and that you enjoyed our restaurant, La Mina Steak & Lobster. It is our pleasure to serve you and offer you an exceptional visit. We hope to have you with us once again very soon and thank you for choosing the JW Marriott.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I been in this hotel twice. This time I stayed 3nights, the hotel cleanliness, friendliness, "perfect customer service" is the same or better as the first time I stayed here.
I recommend this hotel to everyone if you visit Bogota for pleasure or business.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ramon_E_Diago, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments, please know that it is our pleasure to offer you the type of service you deserve. We will be expecting you on your third visit to Bogota!
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My four time staying at the JW Marriott in Bogota. Great location and good business hotel. Rates are quite high but very confortable. Executive floor is very good with a lot of good amenities and excelente breakfast. Two good restaurants and walk distance to entertainnent área.

Room Tip: West área facing the mountains really nice rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RTV2014
Dear Guest,
It is a pleasure to have you back with us, thank you for taking the time to comment about your stays with us and we hope to have you back a fifth time very soon!
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four nights. The hotel is beautiful, clean, friendly staff, large rooms with the most comfortable beds ever!

Our rate included breakfast and it was fantastic with a massive selection.

The location is good. There is a coffee shop attached to the hotel and a few restaurants right around the hotel. The area is a bit quiet and residential but approx. 10-15 walk and you right in the heart of La Zona Rosa with all the nightlife, restaurants, shopping etc...

We arranged with the tour desk at the hotel to hire a private car to take us to the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá, it was worth every penny. The car was comfortable, the driver spoke excellent English and he helped us navigate buying tickets at the salt mine and drove us around the town. It made everything really easy. I highly recommend doing this attraction, it was very interesting.

It still remains one of our favourite hotels we have ever stayed in and we travel frequently, always staying in 4-5 star hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ramon_E_Diago, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. It is nice to know you enjoyed every part of your stay, from the establishments of the hotel and its services to your visits around the city. We are glad you had the change to visit the salt cathedral and that you had a good time during the whole tour. Thank you for choosing us and we will be expecting you on your next visit to Bogota!