This is definitely going to be one of Bogota's top hotels even if it is not quite there yet.
I agree with many of the positive reviews of this property with the exceptions below:
-Rooms are very nice and bathrooms actually excellent, but to say that the water pressure in the shover is "adequate' or "excellent" may be somewhat of a exageration. I felt that I was in a very nice shower room with very little water......So the showers have potential, which unfortunately has not yet been fully explored.
-The aircondition in my room would not not heat, which made the otherwise excellent room unpleasantly cold during my stay.
-The Lobby Lounge is somewhat cold in decor but unfortunately also in temperature due to being located adjacent to the main entrance, which is always open because security remains positioned in the doorway...admittedly, I was in Bogot'a on some very cold days in December, but the wind entering the lounge made it a very unpleasant experience to have a drink or conduct an informal business meeting. I was much nicer sitting outside on the back porch under gas heaters.
- The formal restaurant "Mina" should be avoided until the chef gets a hold on how to make a decent steak or even other items on the menu......"greasy" is a word that comes to mind when I think of my experience there.
- As has been said by others, service is still a work in progress and I would expect that to be ironed out during 2011.
- Would I come back?: Absolutely and in the hope that the issues above have been ironed out to satisfaction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Bogota Hotel is located at the heart of Bogota's financial and entertainment district. Our 5-star luxury hotel's location is ideal, close to corporate offices of major companies, the finest restaurants and bars of Zona G, Zona T, and 93rd St Park. Within our hotel, you will find an array of gastronomic and entertainment options. Get creative at The Market, a casual restaurant where you can choose from a variety of fresh ingredients to build you own pizzas, burgers, salads, and more. Indulge yourself at Tamarine, a chic restaurant that offers Asian fusion cuisine. Enjoy an authentic Japanese gastronomic experience at Nau Sushi Lounge, and try a variety of Sake based cocktails in a trendy and warm ambience. Relax and have fun at Circo, the spotlight where Bogota's upcoming music artists showcase their talents every night. Our hotel features a fully equipped fitness center, an indoor lap pool, an indoor Jacuzzi, a full service Spa with steam rooms, saunas, and six massage rooms. At the executive lounge on the 9th floor guests can have a complimentary breakfast, and in the evenings they can enjoy hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. All guest rooms at JW Marriott Bogota feature streaming speed Internet access, soundproof windows, and 300-thread count Egyptian cotton linen sheets to offer maximum comfort. Next time you visit Bogota on business or leisure, stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Bogota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.