“Absolutely Fantastic!!”

JW Marriott Hotel Bogota
Ranked #1 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 4 March 2011

My wife worked for Marriott for 18 years and I am very well traveled - we both agree - this hotel was outstanding in every way. The excellent service started way before our actual trip with the concierge graciously helping us with dinner reservations and day trip/touristic advice ahead of time. The hotel was designed so well throughout, from the cool/modern lounge, to the fantastic brunch buffet, to the fabulous spa, to the generously sized rooms- the whole hotel just exudes casual luxury. The service was impeccable - the room service, the restaurants, the business center, etc. One note- we felt like the only tourists in a sea of business travelers, but we didn't care.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Rodolfo S, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear HPRIC:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities and service experience were what you expected and deserve.

Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,128)

Reviewed 27 February 2011

We stayed at the hotel using rewards points, which are an excellent value for a hotel of this caliber. The hotel had a great location in Northern Bogota - near restaurants, shops, and businesses. There is a great cafe with good people watching attached to the building. It was not near many tourist sites but they were a short and cheap taxi ride away.

The room quality was great. The bathroom in particular was huge and extremely clean. The charge for internet was high but that is normal for a hotel in this class range, so I didn't hold it against them. The bed was very comfortable albeit a tiny bit hard for my preference.

The pool, hot tub, and gym were excellent. Security also was very good. Our questions were always immediately addressed by the front desk.

The only minor hiccups were the elevators were slow and once the elevator we were on broke down and we were stuck inside for 10 minutes. Management did not apologize for this inconvenience at all. Not a huge deal, but I would have expected this. Also, the cab driver the hotel arranged to take us to the airport told us the charge was less than what he demanded we paid once we reached the airport. I don't blame the hotel for this but it sort of left a bad taste in my mouth at the end of a very nice stay in Bogota.

1  Thank Lizzy911
JMBelloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2011

Dear guest
Thank you for your comments at trip advisor and taking the time to let us know about your experience in your last stay with us.
We already call the elevator company to verify the software of each ones and look for any anomalies on the software program.
I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience presented with the taxi regarding the airport charge. We talked already with our outsourcing taxi cab company and they will work on a solution to these kind of situation did not happen again.
Once again thank you for your time and hope to have you again at the hotel in a near future.

Jose Miguel Belloni

Reviewed 27 February 2011

My husband and I are in the airline industry and travel for work. We recently traveled to Bogota to see his family. This was his first visit back after being born there in 45 years. We selected the JW Marriott on reviews from Trip Advisor and the Marriott reward program. This hotel is one of the nicest I've ever been and I have stayed in 5 star hotels around the world with other chains. The staff was attentive and gracious, the hotel was beautiful. Gorgeous fresh flowers all over replaced almost daily. The restaurants are beyond gourmet. We stayed on the concierge level and what a treat. We would like to personally thank Leonardo and Manuel (on the club level) for the personal attention and graciousness. Marriott should be appreciative of these two people in addition to the many other staff members they have. We hired a driver several days at the hotel, Marlon, and he was personable and professional. My birthday was during our stay and the hotel sent up a delicious and beautiful dessert with a personal card wishing me happy birthday. The hotel, being the financial district, is quiet and upscale. The security is while omnipresent, not obtrusive. I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Bogota whether on business or pleasure. Muchas gracias...Paula Castillo.

Dear PAPCAST:

Reviewed 9 February 2011

I have stayed in many JW Marriott's, but this is the best thus far. Brand new, not too big, great rooms and great staff. Would not stay anywhere else in Bogota. I cant say enough good things.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Dear DC_travellers:

Reviewed 6 February 2011

We stayed at this Hotel last night. I actually leave just a few blocks from it, but wanted to have a night out with my girlfriend. I was truly impressed. Even though it is the most international hotel in Bogota it has a lot of Colombian details that make it unique.
The staff is super nice and helpful. The restaurant "La Mina" the bar Dry 73 are great.
The room are spacious a very well equipped.
It was a great experience....hope to be back soon....

Dear SantiagoPe:

Reviewed 24 January 2011

I've been a Platinum member at Marriott for 5-6 years, and this is one of the nicest properties I have ever stayed at. Gorgeous design -- modern yet elegant. Really impressive service. High security. Fabulous executive/concierge lounge with breakfast, snacks all day, evening appetizers and cocktails. The gym is great. The beds are very comfortable. The rooms are well-thought out and have everything you need, including a coffeemaker.
I only wish I had been staying longer.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends

Dear KatSpain:

Reviewed 23 January 2011

Excellent hotel. The decor is beautiful. This hotel is on scale, or possibly better, than many luxury hotels that I have stayed at in Europe and the United States. There's not much more to say other than I would not hesitate returning to this hotel at anytime. Also, we were visiting Bogota as leisure travelers and felt completely safe in this neighborhood. We even walked to the malls which were 7-8 blocks away. As our tour guide said, "this is the best part of town, get out and enjoy the city."
Also, enjoy the world class cuisine in Bogota. We had some great meals here.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple