“Great service! ”

Hotel GHL 93
Ranked #84 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
“Great service! ”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We have been in very nice hotels like the Hyatt, Trump Tower, Marriott, etc and have never had the exceptional service we had at this little boutique hotel. It's at a walking distance from nice restaurants and night clubs. The only reason I don't give them 5 stars is due to the noise you can hear not only from the street, but other rooms.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexandra G, Gerente at Hotel GHL 93, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Please receive warm regards from Hotel GHL Style 93; it was a great pleasure to have you as our guest, thank you for your recent review about our hotel on tripadvisor.com. We are delighted to hear your opinion about our Hotel. Thank you again for your comments and we are looking forward to your next visit to our City.

Best regards,

Alexandra Guevara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 October 2013

As mentioned by many reviewer, this is a very new modern hotel. When my taxi parked in front of this hotel, It has a feeling of the W hotel in new york even though this is much smaller. The room is not big but good enough for two person. There is no door leading to the bathtub. Therefore, you can see your partner in the bath when you are lying on the bed. The service is great. I had a young girl speak reasonable good english greeting me. The porter boy is always smiling. Probably because it is new, the price is very attractive. I would come again before they raise the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
bucaramanga
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here as a family, with our 2 young children. They were understanding, and accommodating but this hotel is not really set up for young kids. I would definitely stay here again but just with my husband! I just looked longingly at the huge tub and wished I could take a soak :) I also liked how sink area and shower were all glass and mirrors. It was really cool and made the room look bigger. The breakfast was delicious and included with our hotel stay. We were able to order off the menu for free and all meals come with fruit, bread, juice, and coffee (or at least most of the meals). We got a great price on the room, and it was great for what we needed.. Close to Parque 93, transport to and from the airport (not sure if this is included or not, we ended up just hiring the driver for the entire 2 days we were in Bogota, so my husband paid him directly) and close to the Migration offices. I can't attest much to the view as we left the shades closed the whole time so my kids weren't tempted to mess with the cords and the glass. But the whole wall is window. I bet the views are great from the higher levels. My only suggestion for the hotel is to have some of the bath stuff for free. They had fancy salts, creams, oils etc. but they were all accompanied by a charge. It could get expensive for them I bet if they gave everything away, so I understand why these upgraded items have a charge, but it would be nice to have them included too :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank katie p
Alexandra G, Gerente at Hotel GHL 93, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Mrs. Katie,
Receive kind regards from GHL 93 Hotel.
Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay on tripadvisor.com. We are pleased to hear your opinion about our Hotel.
We are looking forward to your next visit to our City.
ALEXANDRA GUEVARA
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Close to Parque 93 and lots of restaurants. Minimalist in but clean and the staff is very helpful, most speaking English. Great breakfasts at Avia every morning. Lovely gathering area on the 6th floor to visit with family. Don't bother to rent a car in Bogota as cabs are plentiful and inexpensive. Traffic is horrid! It makes the D. C. Traffic a piece of cake.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LindaLou1528
Alexandra G, Gerente at Hotel GHL 93, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Ms Linda,
We would like to thank you about your great comments on tripadvisor.com.
It is nice to know that you enjoy every facilities specially our breakfast every morning.
We really regret any inconvenience that occurred on the traffic in Bogotá.
We hope to welcome you again.
Best Regards,
ALEXANDRA GUEVARA
Singapore
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1.5 nights as my usual choice in Bogota (Casa Real) had jacked up their rates for some reason and I found it was no longer in any relation to their offering.

I chose this hotel, because I wanted to stay around Parque 93 and this hotel offered an acceptable rate. The hotel is new and the lobby reminds you of a modern botique hotel. The staff is nice, but when I checked into my room I immediately started missing the big rooms in Casa Real. The interior of the room was quite creative, but not very user-friendly. First of all there was no space to store and open a large suitcase. I finally ended up having it under the desk, which was not good, cause I had to work on it.

The open bathroom looks interesting, but once again is very uncomfortable to use. The sink is designed in a way that once you open the water a bit more you end up splashing it all over yourself. You enter the shower (which is a bathtub) over a large step placed in front of the tub. This could prove to be quite dangerous once it gets wet.

The room does come with free wireless and a safe, which is good for me as a business traveler.

The breakfast is a la carte and although I didn't pay extra I noticed that I do prefer buffets.

The check-out process was a bit painful. There is only one desk with one computer. When I left, the system was on strike and it took quite a while to check-out. At the same time there were 4 other parties waiting to check-in. They didn't look too happy.

For my short stay it was an interesting alternative, but I don't think I will be back anytime soon. I rather look for some other alternatives instead.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

Avia 93 is a modern, convenient business hotel. It has all the amenities a business traveller needs, including a great work space on the 6th floor terrace. Wifi is complementary and worked reliably during my ten days stay. The restaurant can't quite keep up with the quality of the hotel but since there are literally dozens of great dining options just around the corner this fact is more than made up for. Avia 93 is certainly great value for money especially compared to some of Bogota's pretty pricey luxury hotels, none of which is as conveniently located as avia 93.

Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Luca C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Nice place, amazing service, great location. I love the design, modern, minimalist, trendy but unpretentious. The rooms are small but functional. In a nice and safe location (close to the Parque 93). And it's not expensive at all for this quality

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple