“Worst wireless internet of all time”

Radisson AR Hotel Bogota Airport
Ranked #16 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersGold level
USA
“Worst wireless internet of all time”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I feel like its 1994 with this internet. Whoever the oblivious incompetent idiot who is in charge of setting up the internet, this review is for you. Do you have any idea how much peoples' time you waste?

Also, thanks for putting me right by the elevator. I can hear the elevators go crazy at 5am...

But, the showers are nice though.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Je888
Hotel_ar_salitre, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Radisson AR Hotel Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Appreciated guest,

We already received your complaint about the internet. We are very concerned about this situation. To improve this service, we are making some corrections.

For us, its important to contact you to explain all the situation, so please leave us your personal data in this link:

Thank you for comunicate us this situation because you are helping us to improve our service.

We hope you can let your email and/or phone number to contact you personally.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Good option for business travel - it's close to the airport, nice rooms, friendly service, nice restaurant.

My only complaint is that the wifi was pretty poor - internet was fine once I connected on my laptop with the cable but I tend to use skype on my phone to make business calls and the wifi wasn't really up to it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hotel_ar_salitre, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Radisson AR Hotel Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Appreciated Client,

In attention to your complaint, we are doing improvements to wifi network for better reception.

Puebla, Mexico
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Located near the Gran Estacion Mall, the Salitre AR Hotel is a good average butmodern business hotel. 20 minutes from and to the El Dorado Airport and 30 min from and to center and financial district of Bogota. Spa is not included in the room price. Internet is great as the breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: All are standard
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Olivier58
Hotel_ar_salitre, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Radisson AR Hotel Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Appreciated Guest

Corrales, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed here for business. The hotel itself is very nice and modern. The staff was friendly and understanding of my less than perfect Spanish. The neighborhood was nice and I felt safe walking to the mall.

I had a problem on the 2nd day with no hot water in the bathroom. It took a few calls and visits for me to get my request across, but they finally fixed it.

All the food I had in both the Restaurant and room service was good.

My room was on the the West side of the hotel facing the commercial district. I would request a room on the opposite side next time. There was constant noise coming from the Trains, garbage trucks, cement trucks, and someone's car alarm that went off at least every hour every single night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hotel_ar_salitre, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Radisson AR Hotel Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Appreciated Jeff,

Thank you for taking a time to write about us. Its very rewarding for us to know that our guest are satisfied. We will save the preference of the room on your profile for your next visit.

We hope you can visit us soon to surprised you with great experiences

Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at Hotel Salitre for one night on a layover in Bogotá. I picked the hotel based on reviews, proximity to Bogotá airport and the availability of a free airport transfer. And the first impression was perfect. Despite my flight from the colombian coast being 4 hours late, I was picked up on time at the airport. Check-in at the hotel was quick, the room just spectacular: Large layout, intelligently and beautifully designed with some very creative design ideas. Soundproof windows...very important in Bogotá. It even had a mini-kitchen built in. Minibar was reasonably priced. I wish I could have enjoyed that room for longer than just the few hours of my layover.

Compared to that amazing first impression and overnight experience, the next morning was rather humbling. Breakfast was ok...all the basics were covered, but I had better in other colombian hotels. Check-out was already painfully slow. Then the shuttle-bus to the airport didn´t appear. I waited over half an hour, and just when I was desperate enough to call a taxi, the bus finally appeared. And all along they played loud east-indian music in the breakfast- and lobby area. It sounded like the singer was having his toe-nails pulled. It was a bizarre audio-atrocity.

To be honest...I still cannot make sense of the experience. So wonderful in the beginning, so bad the next day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hallomainz
Hotel_ar_salitre, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Radisson AR Hotel Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Aprecied guest,

Thank you for taking a time to write about us. We already recieved your coments about the check out time, the shuttle and the music of the restaurant.

I want to offer you an apology for these situations. We are working in these three items to guarantee you that will not repeat in your future visit.

I would like to know the personal information of you to save these preferences in your profile. can you write me a mail to this link please: http://hotelesar.com/contactenos?PHPSESSID=4db59ecf22c8856c00b512dfbceefc17

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel during 5 days, while I was attending to a training in this same hotel. My room was great, specially the bed was very comfortable, smelled like new. Breakfast was really nice, they had natural fruit juices, lots of fruits, lots of colombian dishes, and the restaurant food was amazing. they also have a nice bar with live music. I also tried the spa, they use natural botanical products, and the prices are reasonable. The hotel offers a shuttle from the airport every 30 minutes, and they also offer a shuttle to a shopping mall, la gran estacion. This is a huge mall and is worth the visit. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Bogota for busines or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Appreciated Greta,

Thank you for taking a time to write about us. Its so gratefull to know that our guest are completely satisfied.

We hope you can visit us soon to surprised yopu with great experiences

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The rooms are spacious, modern and clean, although the toilets do have a habit of blocking up for no apparent reason!
A very well stocked mini bar and other toiletries, all at very resonable prices.
Staff are friendly and helpful.
There is a wide variety on offer at breakfast but for me, the quality could be better.
The free wifi is very good and also very welcome, a lot of hotels these days charge an arm and a leg for a wifi service which isn't half as good as the one here.
My only major complaint is that the hotel is very busy and therefore, not very quiet. Especially if an evening function is being held, a lot of those attending will stay in the hotel and have very little regard for the other guests. i would like to see the hotel addressing this issue but other than that, gret place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hotel_ar_salitre, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Radisson AR Hotel Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Appreciated Guest,

We are going to take note about your recomentadiosn to improve our service