“terribleCustomer service and Hotel couldn't find my reservation!”

Sonesta Hotel Bogota
Ranked #25 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
Miami Beach, Florida
“terribleCustomer service and Hotel couldn't find my reservation!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Front desk agents lack of customer service. Hotel’ s lobby looks run down and cheap. Main entrance is horrible and the view from the room is disgusting and scary (back of the building 6th floor). Front Desk Agents have the worst attitude towards the clients! NEVER SMILE! Always seem busy with the computer while they have NO time for the customer, their tone of voice at answering the phones is rude and cutting. I was NEVER called by my last name. I never experienced such a HORRIBLE customer service as I did at the Sonesta Bogota. I made a reservation with Expedia and when I arrived to Bogota, I called the hotel to request a room in a higher floor; the front desk agent stated that I did NOT have a reservation. I think his name was German. I told him to please find my reservation – have in mind I was traveling with children – FD agent couldn't locate my reservation. I called the hotel many times and again German couldn't help and either any other representative at the Front Desk. I couldn't get help from anyone. 5 HOURS LATER to my checking time, my reservation wasn't found yet. While in Colombia, I called EXPEDIA IN USA and they stated that my reservation was legitimate, confirmed and accordingly done. Expedia couldn't understand why Sonesta Bogota couldn't find my reservation! However, EXPEDIA sent another communication to the Sonesta Bogota to inform them AGAIN about my reservation. The Front desk agents didn’t care at all about this incident. They made me wait 6 hours running the streets of Bogota Colombia with my 2 children until they “found” my reservation!! The front desk agents Never smile! They are mean, never use the guest name, they act like they are important and too busy for the customer. The only highlight to this trip is that the bell boys are very kind. All of the employees at the bell station are very caring and helpful. Hamilton the bell boy is very kind. The housekeeping employees are thoughtful and efficient. Everything else at this hotel is a disaster!

Room Tip: The 15th street where the hotel is located, is a very busy and loud street. request a higher floor a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mari G
Hernan D, Manager at Sonesta Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Mrs. Mari G

I would like to present to you our most sincere apology for everything that happened with your reservation and during your stay at the hotel.

Regarding your reservation, we already review what happened, unfortunately we had a technical problem and your reservation took one day to get to the hotel, you made your reservation on Saturday May 31st and the reservation got to the hotel on Sunday June 1st in the afternoon, that is why when you called, our front desk agent couldn’t find your reservation, however, at your arrival time at 20:42, your reservation was already in our system. Regarding the attitude of our front desk agents we are already taking the corrective actions necessary to be sure that situations like the one that you experience won’t happen again. On behalf of the entire Sonesta Bogotá team, I would like to thank you for your comments, due this way we can always improve and achieve your expectations and once again we apologize for the unfortunately situation that you had in our hotel.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Escondido, CA
Reviewed 8 June 2014

What more could you want from a hotel? I stayed for four nights at this hotel in June 2014 and found the staff to be excellent (and many staff members speak English too, which was very helpful to me). Additionally, the room was comfortable and spotlessly clean, and I enjoyed a good buffet breakfast every day (many hot dishes and made-to-order omlettes) and I enjoyed excellent ceviche for lunch at their Cook's restaurant. The showers in the hotel rooms are wonderful - the showers are like a rain bath. If you are looking for a hotel with a swimming pool you should know this hotel doesn't have a pool. But if you are looking for a well positioned business or vacation hotel, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DorisS50
Hernan D, Manager at Sonesta Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Mrs. Doris S
First of all I would like to thank you for your comments, we are very glad to know that you had such a great time with us, that you enjoyed our service and that the restaurant was excellent for you too. Our main goal is to completely satisfy our guest and to know that you are is our best reward.
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Arrived late at midnight, having called ahead to discuss this with staff. Hotel Staff said: We are very sorry but we overbooked and you don’t have a room. We are going to send you to other hotel 3 blocks from here (Of which you have no way of knowing if its good or bad) but it has the same quality and tomorrow we can pick you up so you come back and check in (Because certainly you have time to spare to suit our needs).

Absolute lack of respect, their solution to parade you around town back and forth between hotels is laughable for a businessman who regarded this as a good hotel. Very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Candrica
I sincerely apologize for this inconvenient, we always try to prevent this kind of issues but sometimes unfortunately it is not enough. We already open a case to review the entire situation in order to have an opportunity to improve throughout this issue. Thank you very much for your comments; we hope we can assist you in your upcoming visit. It is always a pleasure to have you in our hotel.
Best Regards
Stockholm
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at Sonesta for four days, and found it a great base for exploring the magnificient city of Bogotá. A big shopping mall and a round-the-clock open supermarket is just a few footsteps away, and in the area, lots of restaurants (such as T.G.I. Friday's and Archie's Trattoria) can be found. Taxis are waiting outside the hotel, and buses downtown is a ten-fifteen minute walk away if you prefer local transfer.

The best part about our stay, though, is the hotel itself. Its new, modern, clean, trendy and the service-level is exceptional. The front-desk staff are happy to answer all questions, and you're always greeted with a smile. We'd like to give extra credit to the porters as well, who also were very helpful and friendly. We couldn't have asked for a better four-day stay.

The rooms are clean, tidy, and well-fitted with all conveniences you'd ask for. They're also quiet, which in combination with the big and comfy beds makes the sleep quality high - and you get all this at a very affordable price.

You'll also have access to the hotel's gym for one hour a day, and it offers a nice view overlooking the nearby shopping area. There is also a spa, which we didn't have time to try this time. It should also be mentioned that the Internet connection is very fast, which is a must for us as we're working, there's complimentary coffee, tea and flavoured water by the reception, and the breakfast buffet is excellent, with a wide variety of hot and cold dishes, both local and international.

To conclude our review, we highly appreciate Sonesta's high level of service and hospitality, and will definitely recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Bogotá. It's actually a great place to stay even if you're just visiting for the day, or for transit, since it is just a short drive from the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cesar R, Manager at Sonesta Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Sofie_and_Fredrik

Thank you very much for your comments, we are very glad to hear that you spend such a great time at our hotel, our main goal is always achieve the total expectations from our guest and with this comment we can see that our purpose was done and to see how satisfied you are with our service is our best reward. We hope to see you soon again at Sonesta Bogota

Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in a double standard.
you cant get better quality/service for what we paid.
US$ 100 per room breakfast included (nice buffet)
the only complaint we has is that the wifi connection was very slow in the room and sometimes failed completely.

Room Tip: 436 is a quiet double standard
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peter S
Cesar R, Gerente at Sonesta Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Mr. Peter S

We would like to thank you for your comments, it always help us to improve and get better in our job and that is why your comments are really important for us, we would like to confirm to you that we are already working on the internet signal in order to be perfect all the time because our main goal is to achieve the total expectations from our guests.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful lobby. Exceptional staff and service. Always remembered us, our plans and our needs. Large, comfortable, well decorated room. Great breakfast. Really great shower. A bit far from the action, but well worth the cab rides. One of the best and a great value.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. KiddyDoc 1

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, thank you very much for all your comments and to hear that no matter the distance you still prefer us, is something that makes us really proud for what we are doing, because our main goal is to make feel our guests like in home. We hope to see you soon at the hotel again

ny
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had many issues with this hotel. The room that I reserved was not the room we got and it made what was to be a special night -- not special at all. The room is lovely and modern, the only problem was at 5 am when the garbage trucks emptied the garbage under our window -- windows that were supposed to be soundproof. Then at 7 am there was a terrible banging throughout the hotel. The room was for two people and only had one of everything. Even after I complained about it the next morning -- when we returned again that evening we still only had one of everything -- one glass, one mug etc. The hotel tried to compensate us for all of the issues and we finally accepted -- but frankly I would have preferred not to have our special day ruined by the hotel and the constant issues that were unresolved.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 23anita
Dear Mrs. 23anita

We would like to thank you for your comments and also would like to apologize for all the inconveniences that we caused you on your special day, I know that is not apology enough when a day is already ruined, we take total responsibility for what happened on your anniversary day and let me assure to you that now we are paying even more attention to every detail in the hotel, we hope you see you soon at the hotel