“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #34 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Excellent Hotel in a great location, from what i saw it is a similar location to the Sheraton and Marriott of not a 3 minute longer drive. The rooms are big and extremely well fitted. The food is very good. One Tip - Remind the guys working at reception that if you are a foreigner you can get a certain amount of tax back, i had to remind the person working on reception who was very surprised i was aksing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank L0n1
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our hotel from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Marilia Pergola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kensington, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms were very comfortable and the location near the airport is helpful for short stays. Breakfast buffet was decent but rather limited in the area of bread. Nice to have a free pool table in the lobby area, but really deadly at night, because the nonstop loud pounding music made it difficult to have a conversation without shouting. I had no problem with the airport shuttle service, but if you are heading to downtown, the hotel van service cost twice as much as easy to use local taxis.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your most recent stay.

Also thank you for all your comments, as these are very important and help us continue to improve our service.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you at the hotel.

Fortaleza, Brazil
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed at this Aloft hotel two times in a week, and I definitely recommend If you need to stay around the airport in Bogota.

I reserved a Private Van to pick us up (6 people) at the airport. This was the only downside of my stay there. And I was really upset about their mistake. When we arrived from an international flight, 6 people with one in a wheelchair, the driver took us to a compact car (that can barely fit 4 people). Then I showed him my e-mail confirmation from the hotel saying about the Private Van we requested. Well, he made a call and said someone else would come pick 3 of us at the airport, while the other three would go with him. That would be ok If he hadn't ask us to wait OUT of the parking lot so the driver wouldn't have to pay for the parking fee. Really?

About the hotel. The whole hotel has a pretty modern and clean aspect, in my opinion. Different colors, cool stuff around, some music being played at the lobby.

The service during check-in/out was pretty good. They were all nice to us.

There's a restaurant at the lobby. We tried to go there. After 15 minutes waiting, nobody came to say hi. We asked for someone to place an order and the gentleman at the check-in said he would be the one to serve us. After waiting 10 more minutes we decided to go to the room and order from the room service.

There's a store for quick food at the lobby, that looks pretty much like a kitchen. It's really nice. You can have from fruits to alcohol drinks.

The room is really nice. Perfect size, comfortable bed. The bad thing is that there's no mini-bar and the TV has just a few channels and the image quality is not good.

The room service is not bad, but there's not too many options. No meat or a more respectable food. Just a few salads, a pasta and some appetizers. But it's ok If you are staying just for a night or two.

We couldn't try the breakfast or restaurant.

The price was pretty fair. Totally worth it. And there's a mini-van shuttle from/to the airport every 30 minutes. Very comfortable.

Despite a few mistakes, I would definitely stay at Aloft Bogota again If I'm in Bogota for a few hours or a night.

Room Tip: Didn't see any special view or something else to suggest.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LGuterres
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Also thank you for such flattering comments, as these are a lot of motivation for all our talents and help us continue to provide excellent service.

Regarding the transportation service, I am really sorry this happened to your group, and I am already taking the necessary actions in order to prevent it from happening again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Bad value for money. How do you hype a hotel sitting in an 'under construction' business park with nothing you'd want to get to around it? Shuttle van airport pickup by hotel isn't about customer convenience (at best every hour and its 10 minutes down the road). All comments about disinterest of front desk etc are spot on. Room size is good but paying $190 on expedia for 3 people in 2 beds for 7 hours sleep while in transit in Bogota at this place was a rip off. Look elsewhere whether its a short or longer stay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank seedsedit
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your comments from your recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

I am already taking care of all your comment about the service in order to give our guests a better experience.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back at Aloft Bogota Airport.

Martinez, Ca
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The good: location near the airport and comfortable room.
The bad: No hot water at 3:30 am. We were hurrying to get ready to catch the 4:30 shuttle to the airport so had no choice but to take cold showers. When I asked the clerk why no hot water, he said I should have called and they would have sent someone to fix it. He just did not "get it". We were getting dressed and my wife would not have appreciated a maintenance man in the room trying to find out what was wrong. Even if he fixed the problem, I doubt the water would have heated up in time for us.
On arrival we asked if there was service for an evening meal, and were told yes, just sit in the bar area. We did....but no one ever came to give us menus or take our order. We finally flagged down someone from the kitchen staff, who agreed to take our order. He said that the waiters had called in sick. Still, I would expect that a hotel of the caliber of Aloft would have a back up plan. If nothing else, a supervisor or manager should have stayed to fill in! No one ever came to our table and we had to go in search of someone to bring us our bill! When I mentioned my frustration to the front desk, all I got was a non committal "sorry". A hotel truly concerned about their guests might have offered something to ease the disappointment....perhaps a drink on the house? "Sorry" just does not cut it!
This was my first experience at an Aloft, one that I do not intend to repeat!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MartinezCaEric
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am already taking care of all your comments about the service in general, this certainly is not the experience Aloft we should offer our guests and I'm really sorry this happened to you.

Our goal is to offer our guests a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish, and we are truly sorry that did not carry out this promise.

I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you at the hotel.

Regenstauf, Germany
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Accommodation 4**** - Rooms are clean and provide everything you need for your stay. Although rooms are small it's enough space. Modern design.

Food 4**** - Food at breakfast was very good. There is not so much to choose from but the choice is satisfying. Self service. Tables are inside and outside.

Service and staff 4**** - There is a free shuttle to/from the airport. We booked a package with breakfast and city tour. The tour with English speaking driver/guide was excellent. When we arrived front desk staff asked as which kind of tour we want to do and what time we want to start. Everything was up to us. Recommendable.

Overall: We liked it here and can recommend aloft Bogota for an overnight stay in this beatiful city.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stefan24f
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Mr. Stefan,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is very important to us.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I dont want to make comparison as this is basically a brand new hotel, the hotel is in excellent conditions (brand new), rooms are good, lounge is comfortable. The experience with the staff at Front Desk not that pleasant, took a little while to do the check in, they look lost in space even when ask about restaurants around the area, since we came in through the door around 3pm to do the check in nobody acknowledge us even though we were with our luggage, two young employees were at the desk just talking. Hotel location is around construction sites, nothing to see or walk around, shuttle service was on time to the airport, breakfast buffet what a disappointment, scramble eggs and meatballs served that morning were cold (it was only 9am), poor selection of ham and cheeses (two types of each), only orange juice served, bread, danish, cereal and yogurt. They had serve passion fruit on the area which we took to our table to later noticed that one lady just removed them without saying anything, when I approached her about it she replied that is not part of the buffet, i told her that was ok that i would pay extra for it, then she replied that was for a group of people staying at the hotel. If that is for another group then do not put them together with the buffet, I left the conversation there, put the bread on the sandwich grill waited around 10 mins when i return I noticed the bread was still cold, when mentioned that to another employee (male this time) he told me that was working I told him it wasnt then he replied you shoudnt be using that grill for the bread that I should be using the toaster instead (what really bother me was the attitude and lack of customer service), I can use whichever I pleased as I'm the one who's going to eat it, if the grill is not working just removed it from the Buffet area. My only complaint about this hotel is the staff (except housekeeping) which really really really need improvement.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

I am already taking care of all your comments about the service and breakfast, this certainly is not the experience Aloft we should offer our guests and I'm really sorry this happened to you.

I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you at the hotel.