“Very stylish!”
Review of B.O.G. Hotel

B.O.G. Hotel
Ranked #64 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the BOG. Firstly, the location is in a nice neighborhood, La Cabrera, which felt quite happening yet safe all of the time. It's not exactly downtown, but it is easy to get to the city center (which has a completely different feel than this side of the city) by cab or bus.

The decor of the hotel is elegant, yet not too loud - there's a good balance between style and functionality when it comes to the rooms.

We ordered room service a couple of times and the food was good (so was the breakfast buffet) but it would have been great to see more options, namely more Colombian cuisine dishes.

The rooftop terrace is one of the highlights of the hotel's common spaces. It is an ideal spot to end the day, watching the sun go down over Bogota's skyline's.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zararock
Marisol T, Director General at B.O.G. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciated your time and comments, we are so glad that you did enjoy our restaurant, rooftop, neighborhood and Hotel.
It is our hope to welcome you soon at your home away from home B.O.G Hotel.

Marisol Torres,

There are newer reviews for B.O.G. Hotel

Reviewed 2 July 2014

B.O.G. is a visually stunning hotel, beautifully designed, with gorgeous rooms and public spaces. Especially the roof top pool, bar & eatery which affords spectacular views of the city.
Sadly this stunning hotel is marred by terrible, inefficient management and poor service.

Room Tip: Stay at The Click Clack Hotel or the new W Bogotá opening 1st November 2014
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheCulturedTraveller
Marisol T, Director General at B.O.G. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the B.O.G. Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your feedback is very important to us it is why we would like to know more about your experience and in order to take the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrences.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future in our property.

I am at your entire disposal for any further requirement or information.

General manager

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here for one evening and I found it to be and OK hotel. The room was divided into two areas, sleeping area that included a desk and a wash area that included the shower. For a designer hotel the room ergonomics was poorly designed. The shower door could only open inwards because the sink blocked the door from opening outwards. If one was disabled this would have caused a massive problem because they've have to squeeze around the door to shut it before putting the shower on. Then they'd have to wait for the water to get warm before adjusting the heat. I'm not disabled so I put on the water while the door was opened inwards and the water got into the shower door. I shut the door and the water dripped into the bathroom area creating a hazard. Why am I mentioning so much about the shower door? Because it was a BIG pain! The bed was comfortable and I really loved the balcony area.

So as mentioned I was their for an evening. I arrived late and needed food. I was told by the front desk that I could go to the top floor to get food. I went to the top floor and they told me they were closed but I could order room service from there. However, because they were fitting a big screen TV for the World Cup they said I could sit at the bar. How nice! (Sarcasm). I'm going to say this once. The drinks are bloody expensive. I don't mean mildly expensive, I mean day light robbery expensive. To be honest, unless you are expensing the bill I have no idea why one would visit this bar. I mean, its ok but its not worth the cash they charge.

My flight was at 11pm as I was taking a red eye to Dallas Texas so I asked the hotel to check me out later. They said 3pm. I checked out and the front desk then informed me that I had been given more money than what I had bought when I needed some pesos upon my arrival. They should be more careful about that kind of stuff in the future. They then proceeded to completely screw up the check out. In the end I believed I signed more paperwork than anyone who is buying a house. SORT IT OUT!! It took me 20 minutes to check out!!

So, I had 6 hours to kill. I decided to make it simple and go to the top floor bar to watch the opening match of the World Cup. I was also starving! I didn't want to drink cause 6 hours is a long time, but I did eat. I ordered the sliders. I was absolutely starving and when they brought my dish to me, they handed me a plate with three TINY sliders. They ate them in one bite each. I was still starving but I was now nervous about ordering anything else. So I didn't. I had a few drinks as I needed it after the ref's performance in the opening World Cup game. (Brazil were lucky) The time went by and I ate at the airport. I don't have any complaints about the service in the bar area.
This hotel is overrated. The service at the front desk is terrible. It was the worst I've experienced I've had in any hotel and I travel a lot. The room is NOT worth over $200. I would say that in comparison to other designer and top notch hotels, its worth about $100, no more. I will make sure that in the future, this hotel will be my very last choice when I go back to Bogota.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dhanji_4U

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your experience with us. We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Please rest confident that we are taking the appropriate measures to solve and prevent futures inconveniences with you our other of our guest.

We would like to have the opportunity to serve you once again in our property in order to demonstrate you that we did take care about every single suggestion from you.

I rest at your entire service for anything you may need.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hotel Mgmt - my only issue with your hotel is that your location on Google Maps is incorrect - as you appear to read these tripadvisor reviews, please can you fix it as I directed our taxi driver there and was very confused at the start of our trip.

Really loved our trip to Bogota and to this hotel

Excellent buffet breakfast - great coffee

Rooms are really well appointed and very stylish

Showers are unbelievably good

Rooftop pool is great

Nice gym in the basement with showers to use after checking out

Location is great, in the trendy, modern north of the city near all the embassies - we felt very safe and walked at night to the Zona Rossa (it was 5 mins and the staff suggested that we take a taxi there and back - maybe being overcautious?) Having said that, don't take my word for it and always get taxis in Bogota that have been called by the restaurant/hotel rather than picking one up off the street - we're pretty experienced travellers and wouldn't normally follow this advice, but a pretty tough expat we met said it was required.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank markyd72
Marisol T, Director General at B.O.G. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you about your great comment regarding your experience at B.O.G Hotel. I would like to inform you that we are trying to fix our location in google maps in order to provide to our guest the best information and directions of our property. We are very glad that you did enjoy our property and location; it is our hope to serve you again in a near future and please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you may need.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel for business and I would definitely recommend the place. It is a design hotel with a gym, bar roof terrace and a good restaurant. Well located close to many bars and places to go in the evening. Service very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Flavio78

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are very glad that you did enjoy our terrace, gym, restaurant, location and design hotel during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at B.O.G Hotel, your home away from home in Bogota.
We rest at your entire service for anything you may need.

General Manager.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

First of all I want to make clear that I did not stayed at this hotel, I just went to the roof-bar / restaurant area.

It was a disappointment, we went a little late Saturday night and we DID NOT had a table reserved, so the waiter that received us told us that we could wait for a table sitting next to the swimming pool, and we did, he told us that we were number one on the list and as soon a table was clear (or a reservation didn’t show up) we will be seated. As the time pass we ordered a few cocktails, 40 mins later and we ask the waiter and he respond us with a very bad attitude that “he already told us that we need to wait”, I didn't like his attitude so I called a different waiter and he said the same thing, no tables were available, 2 hours later, we already eat and drink by the side of the swimming pool and we decided to look around cause we didn't even could see the tables because we were seated in a corner almost by the elevators. What we saw shocked us!! there were at least 3 empty tables and it was already 12am, so it was pretty obvious that the tables weren’t going to be used, we decided to go ahead and sit on one of it, only because we already were drinking a bottle of vodka, and also because we were uncomfortable . We were never attended again by any waiter and their attitude toward us was at really obnoxious. Here in Colombia tips are suggested so we decided not to give any since our bill was almost 200USD 400,000 pesos, we will never go back there again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank LCTC

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at rooftop bar in our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At B.O.G Hotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest confident that we are taking the appropriate measures to prevent future occurrences with you or others customer..
It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
I am at your entire disposal for any further requirement or information.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for business reasons over one night. The decor of the hotel was nice, but perhaps too focus on design other than functionality. The price/benefit was not good - I think it was by far too pricey for its value. I did not like the fact we waited for almost 40 minutes just to get a wine opener as the waiter could not get one...

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Julian V
Marisol T, Director General at B.O.G. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We are always striving to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your comment is very for us.
Rest confident, that we are taking the appropriate measures to address this problem.
It is our hope that you will give it to us a new opportunity to better serve you in a near future.