“Classy Hotel with 5 Star Service”
Review of Morrison 114 Hotel

Morrison 114 Hotel
Ranked #3 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just returned from my 2nd trip to Bogota this year and enjoyed a lovely stay in the Morrison 114 both times. Eduardo the General Manager and his staff are AMAZING! They are incredibly hospitable and will help with anything from a driver to restaurant recommendations to airport transfers. The hotel breakfast is delicious (pastries, fruit. and incredibly enjoyable on their patio. I was able to jog one morning on the paved trail that runs along a creek next to the hotel. It is a safe residential area with both sides of the street lined with cafes, a drug store, bars, etc. There are grocery stores within walking distance as well as a plethora of restaurant options including my favorite Crepes & Waffles. Juan Valdez, a cute coffee bar with a patio is across the street as well. The hotel has clean spacious rooms with fabulous accommodations. I love the bed and shower! Enjoy the Morrison Hotel, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: The 7th floor is accessed by stairs only and has amazing views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
EduardoSanchezF, Manager at Morrison 114 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Rangerbach
Fort Worth. Texas
Thank you so much for your detailed review and for staying with us, we do appreciate it.
Me and my team love your comment: "Within walking distance, the hotel has a plethora of restaurants options". We are so pleased we delivered in Full.
Thank you for recommending us in Fort Worth and we are looking forward to have you at The Morrison 114 many. many times more.

Sincerely

NOS ENCANTA TENERLE AQUI.

Bogota, Colombia.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed one week at this hotel, July 12-19, 2014. Edouardo, the manager, runs a beautiful hotel. The Morrison's staff was amazing. So helpful and kind. They made us feel right at home and when we needed something, it was taken care of. The rooms are lovely, spacious and comfortable. I would mention one thing as a drawback, for me. The beds are rock hard. If you LIKE a rock hard bed, this is fine....for me, a week was enough on the hard bed. The shower is amazing...great size and water pressure.
The food in the restaurant (small on premesis) is very good. The hotel has a nice "outdoor" , sort of enclosed room, off the main dining area, which has heaters in the winter. It is a nice place to have a drink (there is a bar in one end of the room). This is not what I would call a happening hotel, but it is in an area with nice restaurants and dining. It is right on a park with plenty of walking and running space,
Let me once again say THANK YOU to Edouardo and his staff. They make you feel like family and your wish IS thier command!

Room Tip: All rooms are soundproof!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JKCDMom
EduardoSanchezF, Manager at Morrison 114 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear JKCDMom
Dallas TX. U.S.A.
Thank you for your consideration of The Morrison114 and for staying with us.
And Yes, at The Morrison 114 YOUR WISHES ARE OUR COMMANDS, we love your comments, we love to know you felt like family. I have shared this comments with all my team, we are so proud we delivered in Full.
We are looking forward to have you back, in the meanwhile please and kindly tell everyone in Dallas The Morrison 114 IS WONDERFUL !!!

Yours in Hospitality.

Bogota. Colombia

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay at Morrison 114. When we arrived we were greatly by two friendly men who made us feel extremely welcomed at the hotel. We were also made a fresh juice which was a bonus upon arrival. Our room had a wonderful view and was nice and spacious- in particular the bathroom. All the amenities were great and the rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was good as well. Great facilities including a computer room to print boarding tickets and so on.
Definitely recommend this place as staff are friendly and the hotel is wonderful.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Chiclife
Melbourne. Australia
We are so pleased to know you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at The Morrison 114 in particular the bathroom, many people said our showers are world class and bathrooms are Spa like.
We love your comment " LOVELY HOTEL, DEFINETELY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AS STAFF ARE FRIENDLY AND THE HOTEL IS WONDERFUL" .

Thank you for recommending us in Melbourne, Australia.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was on a tour of Colombia for a few weeks and this was hands down the best accommodation during my time there. We stayed in some very disturbing hotels previously in touristy destinations and this hotel was welcome luxury, especially at the end of our trip. We were dressed like backpackers upon arrival and throughout our stay, even though this is considered a business hotel, but never felt like we were treated any different. Breakfast was amazing, especially the attentive staff. The rooms smelled wonderful (lemon scent-I loved it-others may not), comfy beds, and a very nice large bathroom. The only thing is that the hotel is quite far from Candelaria (30-60 minutes depending on the crazy traffic), but it is very safe and worth it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Hmmy 2010
Calgary. AB. Canada

Thank you for your interest of The Morrison 114 and for the time you took writing this important comments.
We are pleased to know you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, you felt safe and it was worth it.
I have shared your review with all my team and I am so proud they delivered in Full.
We are looking forward to have you back, in the meanwhile please and kindly tell everyone in Calgary our breakfast buffets are amazing and our staff are attentive.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed at the hotel Morrison 114 for about a week per month over the last two years. The hotel staff is as nice as can be and all speak excellent English. The hotel restaurant is OK (Greek food), but you also have some good options in walking distance (actually some that are right next door). The gym is actually a REAL gym (body tech), but the only drawback is it is around 5 blocks away. One other point is that this hotel as air conditioning in the room, which a lot of the hotels in Colombia don't. You may not really need aircon, but I am more warm natured and prefer to have it on in some points of the year.

The rooms are good, but I will say the hotel doesn't have a pool, spa, etc. That isn't of great concern for me, but perhaps for others it is.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin F

Dear Kevin F
Dallas TX. U..S.A.
Thank you for the time you took writing this comments, we do appreciate it.
We liked your remark " EXCELLENT HOTEL AND SERVICE".
THE BODYTECH GYM, as you mentioned is a REAL GYM, 3 floors with 140 exercise equipment, spinning, biking, weights and wet area, Free for Morrison 114 guests. Very difficult to find a Gym like this in a Hotel.
We are looking forward to see you once again at The Morrison 114 and thank you for recommending us in Dallas.

Yours in Hospitality

Morrison114

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Travelling to Colombia for the first time we chose this hotel as it is directly across the street from our business client. I can only say that the staff spoke very good English and was most accomodating, from the first hello at the front desk during check in, to the beautiful welcome roses delivered to my room, to the friendly staff in the dining room, and the dining recommendations outside the hotel, it made our team feel comfortable, cared for, and secure. i would definitely go back and stay at this hotel. I know there are bigger and more well known name hotels out there, but this little hotel and local area is super friendly and can't be beat.

Room Tip: High floor, view of the mountains is fantastic
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear C.M.
Saint Louis, Missouri,
Thank you for your consideration of The Morrison 114 and for staying with us.
We are very pleased to know we met and surpassed all the expectations of you and your team and we made you feel comfortable, cared for and secure.
We are thrilled with your comment: "THIS LITTLE HOTEL AND LOCAL AREA IS SUPER FRIENDLY AND CAN´T BE BEAT. Wow !!!
I have congratulated every member of my team for delivering in Full.

We are looking forward to have you back at The Morrison 114 in your next visit to Bogota.

Yours in hospitality

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I do not think that many of the reviews regarding this hotel are genuine. We booked this hotel based on the high TA rating and location. However, we visited friends at the JW Marriott and the Embassy Suites, and both appeared to be better hotels. That said, this hotel is good, but not great.

First, the best aspect of this hotel is its staff, particularly a woman at the front desk named Marcela. Unlike so many of her colleagues, she was precise in her recommendations and opinions. Spoke excellent English and politely let me practice my broken Spanish. When my wife or I asked for directions, she provided accurate and precise information [not the general south american estimate so many Colombians are comfortable with]. She is obviously highly educated. I strongly urge her employers to expand her responsibilities and job status. The only reason I rate this hotel a 4* is because Marcela made up for the constant problems otherwise encountered.

The hotel itself is very plain looking from the outside. The lobby is equally small and understated. In the US, it would be comparable to a Crowne Plaza or Doubletree.

The rooms and bathrooms were large and clean. The beds stiff, the pillows spongy and uncomfortable. We asked for different pillows, which helped a lit bit.

They wash the bed linens in a lemony scented soap, So while they smelled lemony fresh at first, it gets really obnoxious and disturbing after a while.

The bath towels on the second day smelled like garage oil. Housekeeping quickly replaced them.

The HVAC in the room did not work properly. Because you cannot open the soundproof windows, our room became very stuffy. Management must know about this since they provided me with a portable electric fan when I complained. They were not able to fix the HVAC during our stay because they do not have maintenance people working during the weekend.

The breakfast was okay. You can special order eggs to your liking.

We liked the location. It is generally quiet and slightly remote, in the northern part of the city. About 2 miles from the Hacienda Santa Barbara and 2 miles from Parque 93.

BTW, except for the transfer to the airport booked through this hotel, we used the yellow taxis and found them to be reliable, safe and super cheap.

We would return because Marcela made up for the hotel's multiple problems.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicolawca
EduardoSanchezF, Manager at Morrison 114 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Mr. Nicolawca
New York.

Thank you for your consideration of The Morrison 114. We are very pleased to know Marcela made this a memorable visit for you.
We highly appreciate your comments.

Morrison114