Hotel Tequendama
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Bogota(Bogota)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdated hotelroom suitecoffee machine in the roomnice lobbydowntown bogotanational museuminternet worksthe check in processlimited spanishsafe placeplaza bolivaraviancabellhopcarreracop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Do NOT book this hotel. Service was appalling. Bar, coffee shop and everything else closed Sat, Sun and Monday. Staff completely disinterested and would not respond to anything.
Hotel had a sports convention over the weekend and everything was geared towards that only. It is situated in downtown Bogota, not a great area, that is now a huge building site.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2011

The hotel sent a shuttle to collect me from the airport at no charge. Most of the staff speaks English. I felt perfectly safe and secure with the watchful eyes inside and out. The taxi driver showed me how to walk to some of my appointments and I appreciated his honesty. (He could have easily driven me around the block and I wouldn't have known, as this was my first time in Bogotá.) Breakfast was included and there was a nice assortment of items from which to choose. When I had difficulty getting online in my room, 2 techies came up to assist instantly after I called for help. I dined one evening in the on-premise restaurant and was very pleased with both the service and meal. Although I didn't have the opportunity to use it, there was a fitness room in the hotel. All in all, I was very pleased with this hotel and would not stay anywhere else when I return to Bogotá.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2011

To be fair, we did not stay at this hotel and here is why:

When was the last time that you tried to contact a luxury hotel by email several times over the course of a few weeks and still wait for an answer?
OK, email communication in Latin America is not as common as in other parts of the world. But a simple e-mail inquiry about the operating times of their Airport shuttle should be answered within a few working days, right?

Well, the Crowne Plaza Tequendama never responded to any of our mails. We sent at least four mails, none bounced... so this can't be the explanation.

Responsiveness to email is generally a good indicator of the attitude towards hospitality in a luxury hotel. This place definitely does not live up to the IHG group's standards.

We canceled our reservation at the Tequendama Crown Plaza: having an early flight out of Bogota we didn’t want to risk of having to spend $40 on an overpriced (secure) taxi just because the Hotel shuttle is not yet running. Of course we still don't know at what times their shuttle actually runs?

We booked a room at the brand new "Holiday Inn Airport instead". They have a complimentary airport shuttle from 5am – 11pm.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

we visite this hotel 6 times and we have good memory`s of it when i able to come back i visit it again good and nice rooms we have our kid with us who sleep in the second room
very good contact with the gente in the clup ,nice food and kofie

Room Tip: we like the junior suite`s
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Robbert1844
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We were in the Tequendama for a business event, and this was well taken care of. The rooms are nice (mine had a good view), security seems very good, there is a nice restaurant across the road and the location is central. Although the hotel is now part of a chain, I believe, it still exudes some 'grand' charm. Breakfast is very good and if you can get a reasonnable price, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business