“Safe Hotel”
Review of Hotel Tequendama

Hotel Tequendama
Ranked #152 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Crowne Plaza Tequendama is a safe bet located within the historic district. I enjoyed my stay. There where several meal options on site here and a nice bar. The room was very nice and had everything required for a business stay. They have stores within the hotel complex but I did not visit any of them. You are walking distances to the down town area. My stay was for several days and it was well within what i expect from Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Scottybruce
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Aeromet :

Receive a cordial greeting in the name of Crowne Plaza Tequendama and in my own name.
Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Currently we are working on improving our internet service. The opinion of all our guests is very important for us.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel has a very nice lobby and common areas. The rooms are appointed in a classic style but are functional.

My real issue is that the hallways on the floors are dark. Lights are activated by motion detectors, and you often end up walking past the light fixture before it finally turns on. Definitely is not safe and not comfortable. You get the feeling someone will jump out of the shadows. This should seriously be changed and definitely didn't inspire me to leave my room at night to go into the dark hallways. I really hope this is fixed for the lights to stay on at all times, as it otherwise diminishes a great hotel.

My father stayed here 27 years ago but I believe in the Tequendama suites which is next door. So my visit is at least made special by sharing that with my father

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shane S
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

"Dear Shane S:
Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Currently we are working on improving our light detectors. The opinion of all our guests is very important for us.
We look forward to you visiting us again in order to assist you with the best pleasure."

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Based on the signs around the hotel, I think this used to be Tequendama Hotel and Crowne Plaza may have bought and refurbished it. Though an old hotel, they tried their best to clean the hotel and the Standard Room where I stayed was comparable to the Crowne Plaza hotels in Canada or US. Staff were very friendly and they tried their best that made my stay excellent. The hotel was strategically located across Carrerra 7 which was the road that led to Montserrate, Plaza Bolivar, La Candelaria and Presidential Palace. Breakfast selection was good and kept me going with the long walks I did at the tourist spots.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

"Dear Dags M:

Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.

It is really nice for us to read such good comments about our Hotel. The opinion of all our guests is very important for us.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed in this property over a weeknight in September 2013. The first thing you notice about this hotel is that it is very dated and very huge. There are armed guard outside, so you feel safe. Also they arrange for a very good taxi to take you to the airport, even though the cost is high. As a Platinum Elite with IHG, I felt I received excellent treatment and was kindly given a complimentary room upgrade to an amazing room. While the room was very nice with amenities and a plate of pretty bland cookies (I appreciate the effort though!), I had issues with the hours of services. For example, as a business traveler, I had to leave early -- thereby missing out on the hours of both the executive lounge and the complimentary breakfast. Would have been cool to try those things out.

The internet was also very spotty. Overall, I had a truly internationally modern experience. The location is amazing, right by the national hotel and a cool restaurant Tabula which was recently featured on Anthony Bourdain. The mountain views are also staggering.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Albert L
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Albert L:

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Overall good service and an old fashioned hotel but with good amenities. I would say that taking the water off for half a day is a drag, but I suppose it has to happen sometime.
The guarded hotel does make it feel very safe, although it's in a safe area anyway.
The rooms are reasonable spacious some more than others.
Restaurant service and menu is good, and the breakfast does have an egg bar.
Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

"Dear Mr. Phephox:

Receive a cordial greeting in the name of Crowne PlazaTequendama and in my own name.

Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We are very sorry you had problems with the water. Currently, we are working on that issue.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the last night of my Bogota vacation. The hotel is centrally located and most of the staff speaks good English.

Security was ultra-tight; it was like staying at a government office or the airport based on the number of offices (armed and unarmed) walking around inside and outside.

The room I got was quite spacious (it was a 2-room suite). The bathroom was in the small side and did not contain any face towels. The water temperature in the shower was also sporadic, going erratically from hot to cold, with just the slight move of the handle.

The best part of the stay was the fact that I could charge transport to my room. Cabs are generally sketchy at best in the city, but the hotel has a private car service that is very reasonably priced: I hired a car for 4 hours for $35USD.

Overall - this is a nice hotel in a great location with an attentive staff. The IHG Rewards club perks are also great, too (fruit basket in room and access to the Executive Lounge for Platinum members).

• Stayed: September 2013

"Dear Mr. Jacobandjune:

Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
It is nice to receive comments about our services, specially when a Platinum member reviews. We hope you have enjoyed your stay, and we also inform that we are currently working on improving the shower system.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Excellent experience, amazing hotel, beautiful lobby with everything you will require, very secure and safe, nice room, clean, amazing staff and service, in a city as Bogota, this hotel can guaranty your security
Ah did I mentioned that they will provide amazing beds!
Would love to come back there in my next trip

Room Tip: everything there is perfect!