Hotel Tequendama
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$306
Cite Hotel(Bogota)
US$118
US$112
  • Breakfast included
NH Bogota Metrotel Royal(Bogota)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$373
US$274
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdated hotelroom suitecoffee machine in the roomnice lobbydowntown bogotanational museuminternet worksthe check in processlimited spanishsafe placeplaza bolivaraviancabellhopcarreracop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Many, many pros: This is an old, classy hotel. If it weren't for the carpet in the rooms, I actually wouldn't suspect it's an old building. Bathroom looked pretty modern (I assume it has been redone); room wasn't particularly spacious, but it wasn't tiny either. Although there's no air-conditioning in the rooms, you don't really need it, since the temperature in Bogota is a stable ~17C (~63F) throughout the year. The products in the bathroom (shampoo, soap, hair conditioner and lotion) are of great quality (fancy local brand: Loto). Breakfast is amazing: one of the best I've had. Ever. A great spread of local fruits (both "normal", like pineapple and cantaloup, and "exotic", such as lulo and soursop) and traditional Colombian dishes, as well as pastry and eggs made to order. Hotel staff were very friendly. The concierge was very helpful, as were the (numerous!) security people. The internet connection was ok. I had no trouble using the wifi to check my e-mails and go about my daily web routine, but I had a hard time making Skype calls.

Now, a few cons: although the building is very, very safe (always tons of police by all entrances), its location is a bit odd. It's not sketchy, but it's in a business area, so it can get eerily empty on weekends and nights. You can't just wander near the hotel at night; there are some directions in which you should avoid going at all times. Also, because of its downtown location, even if you have your windows closed, it can get a bit loud in the rooms early in the morning, because of rush hour traffic (I think). It's not terribly loud, but if you're a light sleeper, it may bother you (and they don't have double windows).

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the Andes. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

"Dear Alinemramos:

Receive a cordial greeting in the name of Crowne Plaza Tequendama and in my own name.
Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
It is really nice for us to read such good comments about our Hotel. The opinion of all our guests is very important for us.
We look forward to you visiting us again in order to assist you with the best pleasure."

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Historic hotel nice 10th floor view, many famous people stayed here,like JFK, internet didn't work, poor food, small room, bed, and bath, no AC, they 1st assigned a room which was already assigned to.

Room Tip: From the start ask for a larger room with AC, bigger beds, bath/shower, AC, and to make sure internet works.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear J M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel tequendama has been a symbol of elegance, prestige and high class hotel for many decades to locals and visitor in Bogota. I used to pass by when I was a high school student in the 70s, always secretly wishing to see a celebrity or politician figure. Time pass by and I had the great opportunity to stayed for 4 days a couple years ago. The lobby area has been preserved with it magnificient golden imperial style decoration that bring good memories from my dear old Bogota. The hotel has been of course remodeled in other areas but it keeps the essential touch that makes this hotel a classy despised the hotel's boom in Bogota. They have breakfast buffet combining the traditional local food and continental. Location is excellent with a magnificient view of the surrounding mountains (Montserrat) and a busy and always noise bussines and commercial area and like any other capital just be aware of your surrounding.
You finds boutiques, restaurants and all array of shopping stores nearby.
enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2013

"Dear Alina D:

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Crowne Plaza Tequendama is a safe bet located within the historic district. I enjoyed my stay. There where several meal options on site here and a nice bar. The room was very nice and had everything required for a business stay. They have stores within the hotel complex but I did not visit any of them. You are walking distances to the down town area. My stay was for several days and it was well within what i expect from Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Scottybruce
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Aeromet :

Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Currently we are working on improving our internet service. The opinion of all our guests is very important for us.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel has a very nice lobby and common areas. The rooms are appointed in a classic style but are functional.

My real issue is that the hallways on the floors are dark. Lights are activated by motion detectors, and you often end up walking past the light fixture before it finally turns on. Definitely is not safe and not comfortable. You get the feeling someone will jump out of the shadows. This should seriously be changed and definitely didn't inspire me to leave my room at night to go into the dark hallways. I really hope this is fixed for the lights to stay on at all times, as it otherwise diminishes a great hotel.

My father stayed here 27 years ago but I believe in the Tequendama suites which is next door. So my visit is at least made special by sharing that with my father

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shane S
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

"Dear Shane S:
Let me thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Currently we are working on improving our light detectors. The opinion of all our guests is very important for us.