“Best street in Bogota!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Perth, Australia
“Best street in Bogota!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a beautiful and modern hotel located on a street with some of Bogota's best dining experiences. The room was extremely well appointed, and the bathroom has exceptional lighting (which is important)! Thankfully it is not a very large hotel, which is preferred, but has all of the amenities one looks for. The concierge staff is quite competent. It is also walking distance from Bogota's best shopping.

Room Tip: 8th floor rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SOFITELBOGOTA, General Manager at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Mr. Teri,
I feel very pleased to know that we could make you feel welcome and right at home and it is wonderful to know you enjoyed every bit of your stay with us. Not being a large hotel allows us to look closely at all our guests, and it is a honor for us that you could feel this personalized service.
All the team is waiting for you hopefully soon.

Paul Barthe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2014

For the last 17 years this has been my only hotel in Bogota. I feel like being at home, everybody try to make your stay the best experience of a hotel. The location is impossible to have a better one in Bogota all the best shopping centers, the best restaurants are at walking distance. The rooms are comfortable, the dining room is very nice and the business center has everything you need, either if you are on vacation or business. The breakfast has always my favorite breads, fruits, coffee and the home made yogurt.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comment; it is an honor to be thought of as your only hotel through the years in Bogota. It is a pleasure for me and my team to know that we could make you feel at home and that here you find the service you deserve. I feel more than glad you enjoyed the executive services we have at hotel and its surroundings.
Thank you for choosing us and for the time you took writing your experience in Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia.
Remember that we are always expecting you.

General
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I reviewed the Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia in 2011 and now want to reconfirm the validity of my 5 points rating then. It is always a pleasure to arrive here to know that they will treat me as family and will take care of all of my needs and requests.

I had an awful flight, extremely delayed and wasn't able to rest. Fortunately, I arrived at the hotel to find that they had arranged an early check in for me so I could freshen up before going straight to work. All of the hotel staff was aware of my visit and addressed me by first name, from the front desk, to house keeping and restaurant staff. Nice touch. To make things even more personal, they prepared a welcome cake with a custom made logo and some other amenities, I felt spoiled!

Apart from that, great location, beautiful facilities and outstanding service.

Kudos to the whole team and for making the Sofitel my first and only choice when I go to Bogotá!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Nusenovich,
Thank you for the time you took to write this amazing review and letting us and other travelers know about your experience at Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia.
I am very glad to know that you still prefer our service because we keep taking care of your needs while you take care of your business. It is great to know that we could surprise you with the cake and please know that it is nothing less than a pleasure to have you with us.
We will be expecting you on your next visit and thank you for choosing us.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I felt very safe in this Hotel. The staff was friendly and tried to help answer my questions. The bed was soft and the room had everything I could ask for. I enjoyed there food and they had a large variety. The only thing I would be skeptical about is the taxi outside that over-charged me

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Seth B
Dear Mr. Seth,
Thank you for your visit. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel as well as the service form our team and the restaurant.
We hope to have you with us once more on your next visit to Bogota and thank you for choosing the Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia.

London
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The location of the hotel is great - right in the middle of the upmarket north area where all the shops, bars, restaurants, etc are based. I felt quite safe walking in the streets even late at night, which I wasn't expecting (and I'm sure wouldn't apply to the whole city).

The service was excellent. The room was fairly standard, with a view of a brick wall next door.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room facing on to the street, if you want a nicer view than I had.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank australianlawyer
SOFITELBOGOTA, General Manager at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear guest,
It is such a pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay with us as well as a bit of the city. We are located in one of the most exclusive and safety areas in Bogotá, and be sure that all our security staff is always attentive to ensure a safe stay with us.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you once again to keep satisfying your highest standards and thank you for choosing the Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is a beautiful, small hotel in the best part of Bogota. You'll have endless restaurant and bar options all within walking distance. Excellent five-star service, and the rooms are very comfortable. The restaurant is great. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Bogota.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 611andresd
Dear Mr. Andres,
It is our pleasure to have you here at Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia. We are glad you enjoyed the overall service we provided inside the hotel and around and be sure that all the Sofitel Family is waiting for you once more to offer you a wonderful experience for your next trip to Bogota.
Thank you for your kind comment.

Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I thought I'd share my experiences with this hotel for first time visitors to Bogota, or those who are considering options regarding where to stay in this fantastic city.

I have been a regular guest in this hotel for the past ten years (time indeed flies!), making my first trip in Jan/2005. I am a Canadian who has business interests in Colombia, and on the advice of a business colleague (a native Colombian who has a PhD from the States and who has traveled extensively), I chose this hotel at first for it's location and safety (10 years ago, Bogota was just starting to enjoy it's new reputation as a world-class destination, full of historical wonders and amazing restaurants), and continued coming back because of the hotel itself.

Completely renovated a couple years ago, the rooms are thoughtfully furnished, with very modern bathrooms and showers, refrigerators that allow you to store goods that you purchase for yourself, and perhaps the most comfortable beds of any hotel I've ever stayed in. The gym is awesome, and the restaurant serves authentic Colombian dishes, as well as French delicacies.

If having a very quiet room is high on your list, try asking for a room facing the back, where the hotel borders a couple modern, high-rise apartments. The front of the hotel is on a street with some of Bogota's top restaurants, and occasionally it can be quite loud, especially on weekend evenings.

You are located just over one block away from the Andino mall, a very modern shopping complex hosting local shops and artisans, as well as clothiers such as Zegna and Boss. You are also just a block from the T-Zone, literally a t-shaped area containing many great restaurants and bars. I have stayed at this hotel more than 50 times, and consider it my home when in Bogota. I have been neighbours of the band Korn, Maroon 5, and the Real Madrid soccer team also stayed once during a trip of mine. I agree with other posters, who stated this hotel reminded them of Europe. It is very much like a slice of Paris, reminding me of the 16th arrondisment.

Enjoy your stay, grab a massage from the in-house masseuse, and fall in love with the beauty of Colombia.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Juan Diego S
Dear Mr. Juan Diego,
We really have to say thank you for this fantastic review and your fidelity with Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia. It is great to have this feedback from a person that knows the hotel that well, and could say that it does not matter how things change through the years, the Sofitel Bogotá will be always your first option in your visits to Bogotá because all the luxury, details, professional staff and welfare that find just in Sofitel and its surroundings.
The Sofitel family will be always at your entire disposal to keep creating fantastic experiences during much more years.