“Fine hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Fine hotel”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is adorable, located on a great street and decorated well inside. However, the rooms are small and can be noisy (hotel is on a somewhat busy street with Chiva party buses coming by and lots of honking)- which seems strange given the otherwise upscale nature of the hotel. The service was great and attentive. There is a doorman and a security guard with a dog in front of the hotel at all times. There is a small front patio/balcony to drink coffee or eat. There is not much of a view- our room looked into the neighboring apartments.

The only issue I had is that I emailed prior to my reservation to ensure that as a foreigner I would not be charged the 16% VAT. They confirmed I would not and when I checked in she made a copy of my passport "to show I had the exemption stamp for VAT." When I got my bill there was a 16% charge I still cannot decipher. The bill is confusing, so I am still not sure if I was charged this percent. However, upon check out the front desk personnel was unable to explain to me what the charge was. Although I speak moderate Spanish, I would still expect such a nice hotel to have a front desk staff that could explain the various charges to me in English, as he must get asked that question often.

Overall, the hotel felt safe and was a pleasant experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank M S
SOFITELBOGOTA, General Manager at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear guest,
We are thrilled with your comments and we love to have you here as well. We are pleased to know you found our hotel and location very convenient and you had a great stay.
Mrs. Diana Ortiz is at your total disposal to hear your room preferences, and she will be more than glad to find a quiet room with a pretty view, just let her know prior your next booking. As well, we are really interested in solving your question about the 16% VAT, so please let us get your bill copy and we will check it and explain item by item because it is important for us that you have that clear.
We are looking forward to have you back hopefully soon.

Paul Barthe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a beautiful and modern hotel located on a street with some of Bogota's best dining experiences. The room was extremely well appointed, and the bathroom has exceptional lighting (which is important)! Thankfully it is not a very large hotel, which is preferred, but has all of the amenities one looks for. The concierge staff is quite competent. It is also walking distance from Bogota's best shopping.

Room Tip: 8th floor rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SOFITELBOGOTA, General Manager at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Mr. Teri,
I feel very pleased to know that we could make you feel welcome and right at home and it is wonderful to know you enjoyed every bit of your stay with us. Not being a large hotel allows us to look closely at all our guests, and it is a honor for us that you could feel this personalized service.
All the team is waiting for you hopefully soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2014

For the last 17 years this has been my only hotel in Bogota. I feel like being at home, everybody try to make your stay the best experience of a hotel. The location is impossible to have a better one in Bogota all the best shopping centers, the best restaurants are at walking distance. The rooms are comfortable, the dining room is very nice and the business center has everything you need, either if you are on vacation or business. The breakfast has always my favorite breads, fruits, coffee and the home made yogurt.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comment; it is an honor to be thought of as your only hotel through the years in Bogota. It is a pleasure for me and my team to know that we could make you feel at home and that here you find the service you deserve. I feel more than glad you enjoyed the executive services we have at hotel and its surroundings.
Thank you for choosing us and for the time you took writing your experience in Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia.
Remember that we are always expecting you.

General
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I reviewed the Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia in 2011 and now want to reconfirm the validity of my 5 points rating then. It is always a pleasure to arrive here to know that they will treat me as family and will take care of all of my needs and requests.

I had an awful flight, extremely delayed and wasn't able to rest. Fortunately, I arrived at the hotel to find that they had arranged an early check in for me so I could freshen up before going straight to work. All of the hotel staff was aware of my visit and addressed me by first name, from the front desk, to house keeping and restaurant staff. Nice touch. To make things even more personal, they prepared a welcome cake with a custom made logo and some other amenities, I felt spoiled!

Apart from that, great location, beautiful facilities and outstanding service.

Kudos to the whole team and for making the Sofitel my first and only choice when I go to Bogotá!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Nusenovich,
Thank you for the time you took to write this amazing review and letting us and other travelers know about your experience at Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia.
I am very glad to know that you still prefer our service because we keep taking care of your needs while you take care of your business. It is great to know that we could surprise you with the cake and please know that it is nothing less than a pleasure to have you with us.
We will be expecting you on your next visit and thank you for choosing us.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I felt very safe in this Hotel. The staff was friendly and tried to help answer my questions. The bed was soft and the room had everything I could ask for. I enjoyed there food and they had a large variety. The only thing I would be skeptical about is the taxi outside that over-charged me

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Seth B
Dear Mr. Seth,
Thank you for your visit. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel as well as the service form our team and the restaurant.
We hope to have you with us once more on your next visit to Bogota and thank you for choosing the Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia.

London
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The location of the hotel is great - right in the middle of the upmarket north area where all the shops, bars, restaurants, etc are based. I felt quite safe walking in the streets even late at night, which I wasn't expecting (and I'm sure wouldn't apply to the whole city).

The service was excellent. The room was fairly standard, with a view of a brick wall next door.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room facing on to the street, if you want a nicer view than I had.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank australianlawyer
SOFITELBOGOTA, General Manager at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear guest,
It is such a pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay with us as well as a bit of the city. We are located in one of the most exclusive and safety areas in Bogotá, and be sure that all our security staff is always attentive to ensure a safe stay with us.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you once again to keep satisfying your highest standards and thank you for choosing the Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is a beautiful, small hotel in the best part of Bogota. You'll have endless restaurant and bar options all within walking distance. Excellent five-star service, and the rooms are very comfortable. The restaurant is great. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Bogota.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 611andresd
Dear Mr. Andres,
It is our pleasure to have you here at Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia. We are glad you enjoyed the overall service we provided inside the hotel and around and be sure that all the Sofitel Family is waiting for you once more to offer you a wonderful experience for your next trip to Bogota.
Thank you for your kind comment.