“Good service, good food, good location”

Exe Santafe Boutique Hotel
Ranked #112 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 14 October 2009

The Hotel is small but the service is great, the food was delicious, their speciality is paellla which I recommend. The people at the hotel are very friendly and useful. The area near the hotel is great for walking, very safe and clean.
The city has "ciclovia" during the weekends and the Hotel rents bycicles if you need one to go to the ciclovia. I will definitely recommend this Hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Exe Santafe Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 23 August 2009

I booked for one week via the hotel website a Penthouse suite. Upon arrival the checkin desk advised that there were no Penthouse suites available. I asked why and they said "they were either blocked out in the system"(I don't know what this means) or "they were closed for maintenance". They made no effort to find anything else for me. I then asked if there were any other rooms with a kitchen and they advised "no they are all booked out in the system". So I asked if there were any other alternatives and this was met by silence. It so was so weird - like they were on strike or on a go slow or something but it was very strange. Maybe she had just asked for a payrise and they had said no so she was taking her revenge. In the end I wasn't getting anywhere so the company i work with organised another hotel for me.

I travel a lot through latin america so I'm used to slack service but this has to take the cake. First time in constant travel for 9 years that a reservation has not been honored.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank munizaga
Reviewed 21 March 2009

I stayed here four nights in March. Very clean hotel. The staff was great! I will
stay here on my future vists to Bogota. Grocery store across the street and the
bank a couple of doors down. Many restaurants and coffee shops all within
walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2007

Nice hotel, small one, rooms are ok, internet it is good, price performance nice,
very centric, staff if very nice.

American express travel made a mistake (another as usual) and the hotel honnor a reservation that we missed because amex, one night they need to change us, they did it and pay for the taxi, even when it was an Amex fault

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Dvoyager1
Reviewed 24 August 2007

Stayed here for one night while transiting through Bogota. As I was arriving somewhat late, I called to reserve car pick up at the airport and to find out if room service was available 24 hours. I was advised that it was not, but that the hotel would make arrangements for me. I hesitated a little, but left it at that as if worse came to worse, I could jump in a cab and get some food.

When I arrived in Bogota at 10 p.m. and got into the hotel car, the driver pulled out the room service menu and took my order while driving to the hotel. After a quick check-in, I found my food ready for me in the room. What a great, great surprise and truly great service!

The hotel is very small, 30+ rooms, and as I arrived late and left early, I really couldn't get a good appreciation of the neighborhood although it appeared to be in a nice, residential area. While the hotel is on a main street, it wasn't too nightlife-oriented, just a few people that appeared to be out for a stroll. I had reserved a deluxe room which consisted of a small living room with a fully-stocked mini-bar and a small regular bar with several full liquor bottles under lock and key. Both the bedroom and bathroom were ample and the bed extremely comfortable. The room was spotless, as in all Melias, and the service, as mentioned before, impeccable.

One minor point (not complaint)....there is no air-conditioning in the rooms. Bogota is cool to cold at night year-round and there's really no need for a/c, but just fyi for those interested. I normally like a/c but slept very comfortably and very well, although the lack of a/c might be a problem for a light sleeper if the neighborhood gets into gear in the morning (I left at 5 a.m. on a Sunday so couldn't really tell.)

Definitely a highly-recommended place to stay in Bogota!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank islington3164
A TripAdvisor Member
Salisbury, MD
Reviewed 29 August 2005

Although not as lavishly appointed as some of the other hotels in Bogota, I would stay here again over all other locations. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and really went out of their way to provide excellent service. The location is great, the hotel is clean and well-maintained. I absolutely loved it.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 December 2004

I slept there two nights by mid october this year. Arriving to the hotel made me feel a VIP as every one at the hall was waiting for me and celebrating my arrival. A welcome beer was also waiting for me. Huge and clean rooms and very confortable king size bed. The breakfast was good despite lacking a greater variety of food. On the other hand the hotel is in a quiet and safe area, plenty of restaurants and bars, and not far away from malls. The only inconvenience, if any, is that city center is 10 km away. However, with the corporate room (cheaper than a one star hotel in Europe) there's no reason for not coming back!

2  Thank FerBarcelona