“Very nice hotel with spa and massage!”

Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel
Ranked #22 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed one night at the hotel on my business trip there in July.

It didn't seem like there was anything around the hotel but a supermarket just around the corner. It was my business trip, so, I didn't really go see around.

Their breakfast was delicious! They had various kinds of bread, fresh fruits, and juice. I didn't drink coffee (Columbia's speciality!) there, but they also had the extensive choices for tea.

The room was very spacious and clean.
Their amenities were pretty nice! I like a big pair of slippers!
I guess Summit hotels know how to treat us right!

They have a spa and saunas upstairs. I had an hour massage with very reasonable price.
The massage was pretty good, done by a young lady.

Also, I used saunas (twice!) and the gym.
The saunas didn't seem very hot, but I had it only for myself, and it was very nice and relaxing.

A front desk person I talked to was very professional and efficient.
Clerks at the spa were also very nice and helpful.

Overall, I was quite satisfied with the hotel, and I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 November 2013

i visited the hotel for business porpuses and i really liked it, all staff was very friendly, free wifi in the room, and 2 free drinks in the bar. hotel rate was considerable. i recomment it to all visiting Bogota Colombia.

1  Thank crisostomo_44
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Returning for our second stay at the Bogotá Plaza Summit, which enjoys the same rating as previously.

This time we were not greeted with juice or finger sandwiches as previously. (We found the finger sandwiches on the breakfast buffet [free] -- including smoked salmon.)

Instead of the Executive Suite (reviewed previously), we reserved the Junior Suite, of slightly less area than the former, but exceptionally well laid out in a comfortable living room and separate bedroom, lacking only the Nespresso coffee maker provided int the Executive Suite.

We were rewarded with a bright corner suite with a balcony (perhaps the only one in the hotel). Each room offered large screen HD TVs and quite a selection of high-end peripheral electronics (DVD, iPad charger, futuristic clock and hi-fi system). Also, decent free internet service should be mentioned

Scarcely a block from the hotel were steak and seafood restaurants. We get lots of steak at home, so we chose El Buque seafood restaurant, which was very good, sporting wood-paneling, cozy seating, hanging lanterns and starched tablecloths and napkins.

We also revisited the hotel's "penthouse" restaurant Carpaccio, which seemed not up to par with the last visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I was there my wife for business, we stay 3 days and the hotel its very clean, really good internet, good food and the perfect services from all the personal at this place.

Really closed to every where in Bogota.....many thanks and I will be back to this place..

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Nice hotel, friendly, but not that good. I booked for two day;s. One day before I was already asking the bill, I wanted to pay for my stay and for sure not at the last minute.

Yes, yes yes, no problem, its okay. Leaving the hotel at 04.00 because of my flight at 06.00. At the lobby at 3 o'clock! Not one of my cards were accepted because a faillure in the connection!

I had to make a transfer by internet from my bank account under supervision of one of the guys from the reception, then they wanted that I'll wait till they got the confirmation. I made a urgent transfer but it took too long. I left, ayd 40 euro more then the bill and from the hotel...................never heard from them. So last time I was on an other one.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This hotel is on a main boulevard and has easy access to the business district. The staff is very friendly and brings the word hospitality to life. The food and beverage throughout the hotel is very good and I particularly enjoyed the restaurant on the top floor that has a view of the city and excellent Italian food. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel offers free WiFi.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

The hotel is friendly and welcoming hotel. The rooms are large and you have everything you need for a comfortable stay. The restaurant offer good quality on food with a good selection, this also goes for the breakfast.

I only had 2 negative points about this hotel:
The WIFI is really slow, I know its free but I would rather pay a little extra and have faster wifi.
Th other points is the letter you are given when you check in about dont go out, dont talk to anyone and if you get stopped by the police dont give them any papers or money. You must phone the hotel.
This is a not the case as I was told by my people who collected to and from the hotel and took my out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business