Casa Real
US$432
US$329
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Vilar America(Bogota)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$48
US$507
US$386
US$497
US$414
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewslarge bathroomsitting arealiving roomwalking distancehome away from homevery nice hotelparquesofafurniturechicotelevision
Reviewed 4 January 2012

North Bogota means shopping and restaurants instead of major tourist sites which are all farther south. However, taxis are very cheap and if you're okay with a ride to get places this is a great option. Service was excellent and the breakfast is good. They were renovating the dining room while we were there which caused some noise and limited our dining options but shouldn't be a problem for future guests. The rooms are large and comfortable and have a few dings and scrapes but are pretty luxe. There are cheaper places to stay in Bogota, but also much pricier ones. Casa Real is a good bet.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed there jan 1,2012
Very helpfully staff
Big room
Good value

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Hotel Casa Real is located in a very safe, upscale section of Bogota. I stayed here for 3 nights with 2 friends. We were traveling to Aruba for a destination wedding, and decides to spend a few days in Bogota before heading to the wedding. Firstly, the hotel staff at Casa Real was extremely accommodating in all aspects of our stay. They were very courteous and helpful. While most of their English is very limited, there was one person on the staff that spoke fluent English. When you first walk-in to hotel Casa Real, you will notice the cool looking spiral staircase in the center of the lobby. The hotel offers a nice breakfast buffet with omelets, juice, coffee, Danishes, fruit, cereal, etc. There is restaurant with lots of great selections and a full service bar.

My friends and I stayed in a grand suite on the 3rd floor. The room had a very large bathroom, Jacuzzi bath tube, small balcony, large living room with a couch, kitchen, and a private bedroom. There was a fireplace in living room, but we never tried to use it. Overall, the room was large and clean and we were pleased with our decision to stay at hotel casa real.

Sleeping was easy at night, as there was little to no foot traffic on our street and we didn't hear any street noise at all. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: My friends and I thought prior to arriving that the grand suite came with 2 double beds. However, it does not. If you are planning to stay in a grand suite, be aware that it only comes with 1 king bed. The hotel was able to put a twin bed in the living room for us.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank James T
catalinaholguin, Public Relations Manager at Casa Real, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Dear Guest:

I really appreciate your amazing and thorough review of Casa Real. I am speechless. Thanks! We hope to have you again at Casa Real.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at the Casa Real, which is in the "nice" part of Bogotá (toursits should not venture into unsafe quarters). I had never been to that city, but wanted to visit, though I felt uneasy because of the usual news on TV. I overcame my fears, although things did not go well at first. On arrival late at night at El Dorado Internationla Airport, there was pandemonium at the customs, the taxi stand, etc., and I was worn out when I checked into the Casa Real, so I did not notice much until the next morning.
The Casa Real is actually quite a charming and stylish posada hotel, Hispano-Colombian style. The staff are very helpful, the morning coffee buffett is tasty and plentiful. As for the rooms, travelers who are not South Americans (which I am), will probably have to get used to the fittings, all in typical veined black marble. Ventilating the room seems strange, as there is no airconditioning, but the weather was cool and sometimes sunny (don't know how it would be in summer though). Also, there is not a clock in sight, To compensate, hotel guests have access to computers and a first-class laundry service. In fact, I got over the differences quickly.
Visit to the old colonial quarter of Candelaria (go by taxi only) is obligatory. This is a a colonial jewel, with cobbled streets and a large cathedral. Unfortunatley, the central plaza and surroundings are much damaged by graffitti, dirt, etc. and an army of doves and their droppings. On the good side, it is full of typical, noisy, happy eateries serving tasty Colombian cuisine. There are the many museums here, of which the "Museo del Oro" is one of the best in the world. There are also other unforgettable sights in Bogota, such as Montserrate mountain, as well as the restaurant quarter, near the Casa Real itself. In the end I left Bogota, its polite citizens and Casa Real with a sigh.

Room Tip: Junior of larger suites have large balconies, very sunny when weather is fine. Downpours are heavy in September. Watch out for sewery smell in large toilet and shower room that evidently comes from poor drainige. Staff tried to fix the one in my room and even offered to change my room (not practical for me). For me the best option was to leave open the large glass doors, which however may not be safe at night.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank evergreen-oldboy

Dear Guest:

You have described wuite well our city, Bogota, with its contrasts and surprises. At Casa Real we also strive to positively surprise our guests. I am glad our staff was kind, friendly and helpful. We hope to have you again at Casa Real. Happy travels!

Reviewed 14 October 2011

A beautiful cosy, modern and very comfortable place. If you want to feel like being at home, with a caring personnel doing their best to please you, this is the place where to stay.
At the same time, you will be close to everything the modern Bogota has to offer : shopping malls, fine restaurants, etc...
I enjoyed my stay and I thank everybody at Casa Real for their care and attention.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Antoine C
catalinaholguin, Public Relations Manager at Casa Real, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Guest: Casa Real thanks you for taking the time to write such a great review and spreading the word on the quality of our staff, location and services. We hope to have you with us again.